Chapter 29: Hold Me Close

Max's POV

I was reliving the moment all over again. Two months stuck with those freaks.

"Come on, princess. You know you want to come home. You'll never have to deal with those freaks again. You'll have your real family back. Your mother would want it this way."

"No. You're not my family. Let me go back to my real home.", I demanded. Nate slapped me, adding to the pain of the already existing bruised eye he gave me earlier.

"We don't want to hurt you anymore, baby sister. Just...you just have to admit that you're not with that other family. You're with us."

"I'm not. Not anymore." Dad wrapped his hand around my throat, squeezing tightly. I gasped for air.

"I don't want to hurt you. Just listen to us. We're your blood." He released his grip, allowing me to breathe again. I coughed and managed a sentence.

"That doesn't make us family."

He clenched his fist and swung it towards me.

"MAX!!" I sat up only to realize I was safe in my bed. Robbie was next to me. Not Nate or my "father". I broke into tears and Robbie immediately pulled me into a hug. I clung to his shirt as I cried against his chest.

"Shh. It's okay. It was just a dream."

"It was real! It was all real.", I sobbed. He held me tighter, stroking my hair.

"They won't ever hurt you again." For a second, I wondered how he knew what I was dreaming about but I remembered I had been having dreams about the incident since they got me out a month ago.

"Promise?"

"Of course."

"Okay. I still don't wanna sleep though."

"Planning?" I nodded. For the past month, whenever I can't sleep after a nightmare, Robbie and I make plans for the wedding. Our goal is to get married on his upcoming birthday. And with all the time we've spent planning, it looks as if we'll be able to do that. It's only three months away which seems kinda fast but after the whole kidnapping incident, we've kinda been in a hurry. We're kinda stuck in the feeling that if we don't do it ASAP, we won't get the chance to do it at all. Everyone seems to be on board with it too, including our families.

"Hmm...what's there left to plan?"

"Bridesmaids a d groomsmen.", I answered.

"Is that all?"

"We've had a lot of planning time."

"Well okay. Jared definitely has to be one of my groomsmen."

"Oh, and Henry can be the ring bearer."

"And your bridesmaids?"

"Um...Camilla, Fiona, Kate, and Emily."

"Kate and Emily being your maid-er-maids of honor?"

"I think they'd kill me if I didn't pick them." He laughed.

"I won't ever get over talking about our wedding. However, as much as it kills me, we need to get some sleep."

"But-"

"Come on, love. I'll be right here. No nightmares when there's someone to protect you from them, right?"

"You won't leave until I wake up?"

"I'll be right here.", he promised. He pulled me into his lap before laying down so that I was laying on top of him. I buried my face against his neck. He hand one hand around my waist and the other pulling my head close to him. He kissed my cheek as I closed my eyes, letting a peaceful sleep wash over me. (A/N-Like the picture above.)
-----------------------------------------------------------
I woke up still wrapped in Robbie's arm. I was a bit sore and my stomach felt weird. It had started a while ago; a few days before I was kidnapped. I haven't had a fever and haven't thrown up at all so I didn't think it was a big deal. I figured the soreness was from the beating me "family" gave me. This time was worse. My stomach was churning. I unwrapped Robbie's arms from around me leaned over the side of the bed and grabbed the trash can, knowing I wouldn't make it to the toilet. I immediately puked, the sound waking Robbie up.

"Oh my god, love, are you alright?"

"Does it look like I'm alright!?", I snapped.

"Right. Dumb question." He pulled my hair out of my face, holding it back with one hand while he used the other to rub circles on my back. "Maybe you should go to the doctor."

"Probably just getting a fever. No-", I was interrupted by more puke, "no doctors."

"Alright. But if this continues, promise you'll go to the doctor then?" I nodded as I pulled the trash can to the bathroom. I rinsed my mouth, brushed my teeth, and removed the puke filled trash bag to take it out to the dumpster. I slipped on a pair of fuzzy slippers, went outside, threw the bag in the dumpster, and walked back in.

"I'm better now.", I said as I walked to the living room, where Robbie was waiting on the couch. He had brought our blanket out with him.

"Good. Now come here. If you won't go to the doctor, you're at least gonna rest." I walked over to him, not bothering to argue. He grabbed my waist and pulled me down so that I was sitting on his lap. I buried my face in the crook of his neck. He turned on the TV but I wasn't really paying attention to what was on. Or at least, I didn't think I was until I started sobbing.

"Love, what's wrong."

"The poor dog has been sitting there, just waiting to play, for the past five minutes. Who cares if he's having a party? What about the dog!?", I yelled, punching the couch angrily.

"Calm down, love. The dog is alright. Look. He went to take a nap now. Why are you so emotional?"

"I'm not emotional!", I yelled.

"Alright, alright."

"But I am really sore. Massage?", I asked with a pouty face. He nodded and began rubbing my back. I turned to make it easier.

"Love, I really think you should go to the doctor. You look a bit pale, you threw up, your stomach has been bothering you, and now you're sore. Please. Just...in case?" I looked at him. His eyes were pleading. I sighed.

"I'll call and make an appointment."

"Thank you."

"I hate you."

"I'm just looking out for my wife-to-be." I smiled and blushed.

"What? I still make you blush?"

"One; yes. Two; I just can't believe I'm getting married."

"I can't believe you said yes after what I did to you. I still haven't even forgiven myself."

"Robbie, the past is past. I'm over it. It's okay. We're getting married now."

"I know but-"

"Robbie, I don't want to talk about this. I've moved on and for now, can you just...do the same." He sighed but nodded. I pecked his lips. "Thank you. Now apparently, I have to make a doctor's appointment so if you'll excuse me."
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
And for now, that's it. I'll update ASAP. Also, I'll be doing some editing on my previous chapters. Just thought I'd let you know. Thanks. Love you all. Vote and comment. Byeeeee!!!!!