Finding out the baby's gender

Banner by @karuin

One Week Later

It's been a week since the terrible ordeal and the bed rest has been lifted and I am at home with Maddox.

Maddox enters the bedroom with breakfast on a tray.

I see something shiny on the tray and it looks like a key.

I frown.

Maddox places the tray on the bedside table.

"What is the key for?"

Maddox smiles. "This is the key to the new house. We're moving in over the weekend."

That's something I'm looking forward to. A proper home to bring our child home to.

Maddox moves the tray to my lap and I eat the breakfast that he cooked.

"Maddox, we need to get started on the babies room when we move in. It's a good thin we find out the sex of the baby today."

He nods. "Yeah, it is. What time is the appointment?"

I look at the clock. "It's at ten."

Shit! I need to get my arse out of bed and hurry.

Maddox laughs. "You looked comfy in the bed I didn't want to wake you up without breakfast."

I scoff down the food and run into the bathroom.

I turn the tape on in the shower and step inside.

Maddox steps in behind me. "We're saving water this way."

I shake my head. "This way we'll be late for the Doctor's appointment and I really want to know the gender of our little one."

I touch my stomach.

Maddox places his hand over mine and he whispers to our child and it kicks me. He smiles. "Our baby likes me talking to them."

I nod. "Baby, we ate going to see you on a monitor today. That when we'll find out your gender and then come up with a name for you."

Maddox washes my body and then his. He steps out of the shower and wraps one around him. He picks up the the other one and wraps it around me.

Maddox picks me up and carries me to the bedroom.

We get changed and walk out the door.

I climb into the sport car and put my seatbelt on.

Maddox walks around the car and climbs into the drivers seat. He looks at me. "I brought two new cars and I'm selling this one."

I turn to him. "Why would you sell this car? You've always told me it was your favourite."

He shakes his head. "This car means nothing since I have you. You mean everything to me. The safety of you and this child is the one thing that's been on my mind since you were taken from me. I called Vincent when you went missing. I knew he would have plenty of me to come out here and save you."