Looking for Sam

Maddox

I've been looking for Sam for the past week in New York and I haven't had any luck finding her. After tonight's game I brought a ticket to LA I'm going to search her old town for her.

I hope my family will help me find my pregnant 'one night stand.' I don't like the idea of her running through town unprotected.

I wonder if she's told anyone who's the father of the baby she's carrying.

I look at the boys on the field. "Alright, boys make this game count."

There's three minutes on the clock until the games over. My team are in the lead. The score is 50-16.

I want to score a conversion and a goal before the game is over. Samuels has the ball and he runs down the field. Before he's tackled he offloads the ball and I run it down the field. I avoid three players and then I'm tackled. I stand and give the ball to Curtis.

Curtis runs down the field and he avoids a couple of players before he throws the ball back to me. I run over the try line and score for my team.

The buzzer goes off to end the game.

I kick the ball over the goal post and it goes over. The final score is 56-16.

I shake hands with the guys from the other team. I run off the field and have a shower and get changed.

I step out of the change rooms and sign autographs for the kids.

I climb into my limo and tell the driver to take me to the airport.

At the airport I check in and watch my stuff leave my sight on the conveyer belt. I walk through the checkpoints and take a seat at the departure lounge.

I order a drink at the bar.

At midnight I board the plane and take my window seat.

***

At LA airport my Aunt and Uncle are waiting for me.

I run over to them and give them a hug.

My aunt looks at me. "What are you doing back here?"

I lift my bag on to my shoulder. "I looking for Samantha. She's pregnant with my kid."

"Are you sure it's yours? Her sister has told everyone that she's been sleeping with a whole heap of people after you left."

"I don't believe what the sister said."

My uncle takes my suitcase. "Let's go somewhere for lunch. Lisa and I will tell you what we know about Samantha Black."

At Mason's palace we step out of the car and enter the building. It has chandeliers on the ceiling, the walls are painted a creamy colour with black and white autographs. People are talking over the top of each other and looking over the menus that are placed in front of them.

A girl walks over. "Welcome to Mason's Palace. Would you like a booth or a table?"

"A booth, please. I'd like some privacy while I'm here."

The girl turns to me. "Alright, Mr Colt."

She looks familiar.

She shows us to our table. "I'll be back with some menus."

I remember how I know her. She's Best Friends with Samantha.

The girl places the menus on our table. "I'll give you a couple of minutes to look over your orders."

I watch her take care of other people around the restaurant.

A couple minutes later she returns with notepad and pen. "Can I take your order?"