The Football Game

I watched The Scorch Trial (The Maze Runner) today. It was a great movie.

***

Maddox holds my hand as we make our way to the change rooms. He stops at the door. "This is where I say 'I'll see you after the game.' Stay with Vincent." He leans into me and gives me a quick kiss.

He opens the door and steps through the door.

Vincent is next to me. "The girls are up in the corporate box."

I walk with Vincent to the box. On the way there I see a toilet.

I need to pee.

"Vincent I need to use the bathroom."

He leans against the wall while I enter the toilets.

The restroom is clean. There's no fingerprints on the window. Toilet seats are pulled out and they shine. Toilet paper holders are filled and so are the hand towels dispensers.

I do my business and wash my hands. I dry my hands on the paper towel and step out into the corridor.

Vincent has his arms folded across his chest and a girl has boobs right in his face.

I clear my throat.

The girl turns to me. "Is there a problem?"

"Yeah, your all over my Beat Friends boyfriend."

She smirks. "What are you going to do about it heifer?"

The girl moves towards be she a foot taller than me.

Vincent pulls me behind him. "We are leaving, Sam. If anything happens to you Maddox will kick my arse."

He holds my hand as we make our way to the corporate box.

I step into the room and there's heaps of food on the table.

I pick up a bottle of water and a cracker. I nibble on it.

The girls are outside.

The view is amazing from up here. All the people look like ants from this high up.

I take a seat next to Peyton.

She looks over at Vincent and smiles. He takes a seat next to her. He holds her hand.

I see the Tigers run out on the field. I walk over to the railing and look at the team. I can't see Maddox from up high.

I want to be closer to the action.

I put my feet on the concrete and lean back into the seat.

My friends are making out in the booth.

I look on the screen and they go through the list of people playing as well as their number.

Number Eleven Maddox Colt.

The crowd yell for him.

My friends cheer for Maddox.

After they've gone through the player the Tigers and Jets take to the field. Maddox does a heart with his hands and points to the box I'm in.

I return the heart even though he can't see it.

***

After the game I walk down to the change rooms and stand in the crowd. Vincent stand in front of me and he has his arms wrapped around me.

I yell. "Vincent."

He turns to me. "We should wait somewhere else."

Vincent takes me away from the crowd and we wait for Maddox by the fence. He pulls his phone out to type something to someone.