Bonus scene

Today is the last day of the court hearing against my sister Gina Black.

I put on a skirt and white blouse.

I need to hear her sentence. I hope she gets life behind bars. That way she won't come near my daughter and I again.

Maddox sits up in bed and looks over at me. "Are you heading to court today?"

I nod. "It's the day she gets sentenced."

"I hope she rots behind bars for what she did to you."

I walk over to the bed and kiss Maddox.

He pulls mine against him and deepens the kiss.

I drag my hand through his hair and I feel him harden under me. I move my hand under the blanket and I stroke him.

He starts to moan.

The alarm on my phone goes off.

I pull away from him and run my hands through my hair. "I have to go, Maddox. You keep distracting me every time I need to go out."

I walk to the bathroom and wash my hands. "Bye, Maddox. There's a bottle in fridge, just heat it up in the microwave when Amara wakes up."

I hear Amara cry.

Maddox climbs out of bed."I'll get her. See you later." He gives me a quick kiss before walking out of the room.

I pick up my keys from the bowl next to door and walk to the car.

I start my car and head towards the courthouse.

At the courthouse I enter the court room and take a seat in the back. I watch Gina come through the doors and takes a seat next to her lawyer.

Everyone stands up when the judge enters the room. He takes a seat and turns to the room. "Please, be seated."

Everyone sits down.

"How do you find the defendant?"

The foreman rises and looks at the ground. "For kidnapping of Samantha Black we find the defendant guilty. For setting up a black market sting on Samantha's baby we find the defendant guilty. For the torture of Samantha we find the defendant guilty."

Everything she's guilty for.

"Do you think she was in the right frame of mind when this happened?" The judge asks.

The foreman nods. "Yes,"

Miss Black you are sentenced to eighteen years behind bars.

That's enough time to watch my daughter grow into the beautiful woman I know she will become.

Gina looks at me and her face turns red as she yells. "I'm going to kill you."

I hold onto the phone in my hands and gather strength from the photo that's on the display screen of Amara and Maddox.

Gina struggles against the police officers.

I rise and exit the room.

***

After the court hearing I enter the house to find my husband and daughter asleep on the couch

They look so cute.

I take a couple of photos to remember this day.

I smile.

Amara stirs and starts to cry.

Maddox opens his eyes. "Shhh," he coos.

Amara smiles.

I walk over to them. "Hey, baby girl. Mummy's home."

She stretches her arms out and I take her from Maddox.

Maddox stands up. "How did it go?"

I bounce Amara on my hip. "She got eighteen years. I just hope they don't let her out early."

Maddox wraps his arms around Amara and I. "I'll never let her near my family."

***

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️