The Dance Competition Part II

Maddox and I are moving across the dance floor and he dips me and pulls me into him. He lifts me up and spins me around. He puts me back on my feet as the song comes to a close.

I look into the crowd and find Liz and Peyton they smile at me. They are applauding with the crowd.

Maddox crushes his lips onto mine. I open my mouth allowing him entrance. I can taste his minty toothpaste.

His arms circles my waist and he deepens the kiss. Maddox pulls away and we turn to the front of the ballroom.

The judges walk over to the guy with the microphone and give him the piece of paper. He open the paper and he clears his throat. "In second spot me have team..."

I grip Maddox's hand.

He looks at me. "We've got this."

I nod.

"... Team 402."

The girl hugs her partner. "I knew we could this." They walk to the front and get their trophy.

The announcer looks at Maddox and I. "In first place we have team 411."

I wrap my arms around Maddox and I kiss him.

He places his hand in mine and walks us over to the trophy. The trophy has two handles.

Maddox and I both hold the trophy and raise it in the air.

The Wives and Girlfriends of Football Players film crew film this.

What a great way to end filming for the show.

Maddox and I walk over to our friends and show them the trophy.

Peyton and Liz hug me.

Peyton steps back. "Maddox and you were perfect. I'd say Dancing with the Stars should recruit him for a season."

I shake my head. "I wouldn't let you hear him say that."

Liz points at the film crew. "They might call after seeing this performance. I wouldn't call the two of you beginners."

Team 402 walk over.

What do they want?

The female puts her hand on her hips. "I don't think you two are beginners. You just wanted to take the easiest trophy home didn't you."

I glare at her. "My fiancé and I have never entered a competition."

She steps forward. "Why would you enter now?"

"We entered now so we could tell our baby about the things we did while its growing inside me."

She rolls her eyes. "I don't care. All I want is the first place trophy. I've worked by arse off to get and you two walk in off the street and take."

"Work harder and then you'll be able to achieve your goal of first place." I look at her partner. "On second thought you better get a new partner. He seems to be letting you down."

My friends step in front of me as she clenches her fists.

Maddox, Vincent and Finn walk over and stand in front of us.

The girl steps behind her partner.

I laugh.

Maddox and I stay for the rest of the groups. We talk to some of the other winners.

Maddox pulls me into his side. "It's time we go home."

I say 'goodbye' to my friends.

On the way home Maddox's phone rings and he pulls over to the side of the road and answers it.

I pick up my phone and look at the pictures that my friends sent me of tonight. I shut my phone and look at Maddox.

He drags his hand through his hair and he quickly looks at me. "Yeah, I will. Thanks for telling me, Kayne." He hangs up.

Maddox pulls the car onto the road.

I place my hand in his. "Who was that?"

His hand grips the steering wheel and his knuckles turn white. His eyes narrow as he looks at the road in front of us.

What's going on?

Maddox pulls into the driveway and he steps out of the car.

I open the door and follow him to the house. The door is open when I make it up the three sets of stairs.

I shut it behind me.

Maddox has a bottle of Jim Bean on the table and he pours some into a glass.

I slam our trophy on the table. "Are you going to tell me what's going on?"

He sighs. "Your niece died this morning and Gina has gone missing. Kayne thinks that she will come after you. I didn't want to tell you this.

***

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

I'll try to make a longer chapter tomorrow. I hope you liked this one.