The Wedding

One Month Later

I am standing in the guest room of the Diablo Mansion. My Maid of Honour Peyton and my two Bridesmaid's Maddie and Lauren are in the room with me.

Peyton helps me put the veil on. "You look beautiful."

I smile. "Thank you."

Maddie pours two glasses of champagne and two glasses of water. She gives Peyton and I water.

Peyton starts the toasts. "I would like to toast my Best Friend Samantha. You've been through hell of a lot this year and come out of it a stronger person. From today your life will be good. You've got a good man waiting for you at the end of the alter, a baby girl on the way..." She gets cut off by a deep voice.

"... And a father that is proud to be alive and able to walk his daughter down the aisle."

I run over to him and give him a big hug. "They let you out?"

He nods. "Yes, your mother is here too. You'll see her later."

I have tears running down my face. I thought you weren't going to be able to walk me to my future husband."

Dad smiles. "I pushed myself to be alright by this wedding. They are ready for you."

I smile. "We'll be ready in a moment. I want to finish the toast."

Dad laughs. "Woman are fashionably late."

I roll my eyes.

Peyton raises her glass. "To Samantha,"

"Samantha," Lauren and Maddie.

The girl and I clink glasses and drink.

Peyton walks out the door first, followed by Maddie and Lauren. The music starts ant the girls walk down the aisle. Everyone turns towards them and watch as they walk to the makeshift stage Vincent put in for the wedding.

Vincent's backyard has been transformed for this wedding. On the ground are rose petals and streamers in blue and white, a swan ice sculpture with some sort of blue drink coming out of its mouth.

Maddox is on the stage wearing a tux, his hair is spiked. He smiles as his eyes lock onto mine.

Dad whispers. "Let's get my eldest married."

'Marry You' by Bruno Mars comes over the speakers and I walk towards Maddox.

I look behind him and see Finn, Vincent and Taylor behind him.

Vincent smiles.

I turn my attention back to Maddox. His eyes glisten in the light as he watches me walk down the aisle with Dad.

Dad stops in front of Maddox and places my hand in his. Maddox takes my hand. "I love you." He mouths.

Dad kisses my cheek. "I love you, Sam."

Then dad walks over to his seat.

I look at Maddox and smile.

The celebrant starts her speech.

I don't hear what she's been saying as I stare into Maddox's brown eyes.

I'm going to spend the rest of my life with this man. I'm going to raise children with this man. I love, Maddox.

Peyton taps my shoulder and I turn to her. She points at the celebrant.

I turn to the celebrant. "I'm sorry."

She laughs. "That's alright. Would you like to read your vows now?"

I nod.

I look at Maddox and it feels like it's just the two of us standing here without the guests. "Maddox Colt, you are my best friend, my true love and the man I want to spend the rest of my life with. You were there when I needed you the most. You helped me get through everything that happened to me this year. You gave me the best gift a woman could ask for and that's carrying the child of the man she loves." I put my hand on my stomach. "I will love you through thick and thin. I will be by your side when things go wrong. I will always be here for a shoulder to cry on. I promise to make you laugh and never cry."

Maddox laughs. "I'm supposed to say that."

I roll my eyes.

I turn to Peyton and grab Maddox's ring from her. I put it on his ring finger and slide it on with these words. "I will always love you Maddox Colt."

***

Maddox

I look into Samantha's beautiful crystal blue eyes. They shine with unshed tears and she has a smile on her face that lights up her entire face.

I swallow.

Finn taps me on the shoulder.

I turn to him.

"You've got this Maddox. You've practiced the vows all night and again this morning."

My Best Friend know how to help me out.

"Samantha Black, I've watched you from a distance for years. You never noticed me as you had eyes for someone else. When you broke up with him was the happiest day of my life. That's when I knew we would have a chance to be together. You became my best friend, my soulmate and the woman that makes my heart race each time I see you enter the room. You have been through a lot and seem to come out of it a stronger person. When you get knocked down you dust yourself off and put on a brave face, acting like nothing hurts you. I can see the pain in your eyes at time and I want to be the one that helps you through it." I place my hand on her belly. "This baby is the best gift you could give to a man like me. I'll be with you through everything that's thrown out way. I will put you first. I turn to Finn and take the ring from him. I place the ring on her finger and say. "I love you with all my heart. I'm the luckiest man to have you in my life."

The celebrant says. "You may kiss your bride."

I pull her towards me and kiss her. I slip my tongue into her mouth and she wraps her arms around my neck.

Samantha moans into my mouth.

I pull away from her and our family and friend gather around us.

***

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

That was the last chapter before the prologue. I hope you all enjoyed it.