Who are You?

I hear a beeping noise when I wake. I look over at a machine connected to my arm and another to stomach.

I look down and see a slight bump.

Am I pregnant?

I feel something holding my hand and I look at the tanned hand on mine.

Who's this man with me? Where am? How did I get here?

The guy opens his eyes and his brown eyes bore into mine. He smiles. "You're awake."

I pull my hand out of his. "Who...Who are you?"

His face falls and he looks at the ground. "I'm Maddox Colt. I'm your boyfriend and the father of your baby."

I sit up in the bed. "Where's Gina and Kayne?"

He raises his head and looks into my eyes. "Kayne cheated on you with your sister and they are married now."

I shake my head. "They wouldn't betray me like this."

He nods his head. "Yes, they did. You're sister hates you and she gave birth to your niece not long ago. They were here a couple weeks ago and I kicked them out after they disrespected you. I'm not going to allow that to happen."

I feel safe with him for some reason.

The nurse walks into the room and she looks me over and asks questions. After the check-up and questions she leaves the room."

I use the remote to sit the bed up. "Is Peyton here?"

He nods. "I'll give her a call if you'd like?" I smile. "Yes, please. She's the only I trust at the moment. I'm sorry, Madd."

He laughs. "This is the first time you've given me a nick-name. It is weird that I love it?"

I shrug.

He rises and leaves the room. Those jeans fit him perfectly. He turns to the door and closes it. He smirks. "I knew you were checking me out."

My face feels hot.

Am I blushing?

I feel like such a dork with him.

I see a whole heap of flower, balloons and stuffed toys in the room. I feel a flutter in my stomach and I touch it.

That's something new.

I smile.

Peyton walks into the room and she runs to the bed. She hugs me. "Don't scare me again like that again, Sam."

I wave my arms at her and she climbs into the bed with me and I hug her. "Peyton, I don't remember that guy." I start crying. "Why can't I remember?"

She kisses my cheek. "You bumped your head on the ground."

After she told me I bumped my head I get a sharp pain in my head.

I'm at the restaurant. Someone yells. "Sam." I turn in time to see an angry woman heading for me and she pushes me over. She bangs my head on the ground. Then everything goes black.

I scream.

Peyton jumps up and presses the button. "The nurse will be here soon, Sam."

I close my eyes. Hoping the pain will subside.

I hear the door open to the room. "What's going on?" The nurse asks.

"She was screaming. Like she was in pain."

"Samantha, where does it hurt?"

"My heart." I whisper. "I remembered something."

"That's good your starting to remember. You might get pain every now again as you get your memory back."

I fall asleep.

***

I wake a couple hours later and find more balloons and flowers in my room.

I laugh.

Maddox looks up from next to my bed. "What's funny?"

I point to all the stuff. "That pile of stuff is getting bigger. I won't be able to take all that home."

Maddox walks over to the toys. "These will be coming home with us. Our baby will have toys to play with when it gets older."

I wave my hand at him. "Come here."

He moves towards me and takes the seat next to the bed. He holds my hand. "Peyton, told me you had a memory comeback. Was it of us?"

I shake my head. "It was of when I was pushed over by that girl and her slamming my head into the concrete."

He drags his hand through his hair. "I wish you would remember me."

I run my fingers over his. "So, do I. All this would be easy if I did. Maddox the strange thing is I feel comfortable with you. That should mean something to you."

He smiles. "It means everything."

I pull back the covers. "Climb in."

He climbs onto the bed and lies his head on the pillow within minutes I hear slight snores coming from him.

Nurses come in and they do a check-up on me and I answer there questions.

This man looks beautiful next to me.

Peyton and Vincent walk into the room.

Peyton looks between Maddox and I. "Do you remember him? Is that why you let him in bed with you?"

I shake my head. "I don't remember him. I trust him and that's hard coming from me."

Vincent walks over to the window and looks out it. He turns to me. "Sam, did you really sign a five day contract to be on a reality TV show?"

I look at him confused. "Vin, I don't remember. Do you think what happened to me at the restaurant was filmed for the show?"

He paces the room. "I think it was. Do you want me to go to them and get the thing taken off them?"

I shake my head. "It's alright. I want the world to see how evil that girl is and. If anyone sees her they will know to stay away from her."

He laughs. "You're the first girl I've come across that couldn't care less what people say."

I smile. "I care. I just don't show them how much there words hurt."

"If you change your mind about the video. Give me a call and I'll make sure it is gone."

"Thank you, Vincent."

He looks out the window. "The film crew are on their way, Sam. Be prepared to be hounded by them."

I'm not in the mood for them.

I shake Maddox.

He opens his eyes. "Yes?"

"The film crew are here."

He jumps out of bed. "I'm going to tell them to get lost. We'll make up the episodes another time." He walks out the door.

***

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

Sorry for the late update. I just didn't feel like writing yesterday.