Vincent

I wake up on the floor of the toilet. I climb off the floor and walk over to the basin. I wash my hands and put some water in my hair. I get changed into my work clothes.

My mobile is on the floor and the battery is dead.

Damn, what time is it?

I exit the bathroom and a black car is pulled to the curb. The sandy blonde hair, blue eyed guy from last night steps out of the car.

He moves towards me. "I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself last night." He says with an Aussie Accent. "I'm Vincent Diablo."

My hands shake as I place them in his tanned hand. "Samantha Black."

He pulls me against him. "About last night? Do you remember anything?"

"I heard screaming and gunshots. That's all I know. I won't tell anyone. I have other things to worry about then the man you killed. If you'll excuse me I have to go to work."

He frowns. "What do you mean you have other things to worry about?"

I cross my arms. I put one finger up and say. "One, I have a job to get to. If I'm late I'll lose it." My second finger goes up. "Two, I have nowhere to live." My third finger goes up. "Three, I'm pregnant. Do you think I care what you do in your spare time in dark alleyways?"

"I'm sorry, I'll let you go."

I wave him off. "I'll be seeing you around won't I?"

"Yep,"

I leave him standing close to his car.

I walk along the footpath and head to the Cafe.

At the cafe I make my brownies and take them out front. I help Caleb with making other cakes for the display case.

Lauren enters the kitchen. "Sam, I have a cute blonde, Aussie accent guy that wants to see you. That guy is hot."

I laugh. "You can have him if you want?"

She shakes her head. "No, I have my eyes on someone else."

"You have to tell me who. And I'll work my magic."

Lauren laughs. "I'd love to see you work your magic on... Never mind. I'll point him out when he gets back from Europe."

I step out from the kitchen and I see Vincent at the counter.

The girls in the shop stare at him.

Vincent smiles. "Hey, baby. What's good to eat and drink here?"

I roll my eyes. "Coffee and any cakes."

"I want you to make me a coffee and give me the best cake you have."

I cross my arms. "Vincent, these girl could have taken your order. Why do you want me to make these things for you?"

He smiles and it lights up his handsome face. "I trust you. Besides these girls could slip anything into my drink and I don't want to take any chances with them."

"What makes you think I won't slip anything into your drink?"

He moves his index finger telling me to come to him.

I move towards him.

He leans over the counter and whispers. "You know what I'm capable of, baby. Don't test me."

I walk over to the coffee machine and make him a black coffee to match his heart and I give him a slice of my brownies. I put it in a bag and put the order on the table.