Football Game

Here's the next chapter of Heartbreak. I hope you all enjoy it. :-)

***

Maddox

She's fucking pregnant. Why didn't she call me? Why did she wait for now to tell me? I'm going to be a father.

I throw my bag on the chair and it slides across it and land on the ground. A couple team mates look at me.

"Are you alright?" Jackson asks.

I shake my head. "No, my cousins ex fiancé is pregnant. It's my kid. She was outside."

Jackson pats my back. "You'll see her after the game."

"No, I won't. She left."

"Get someone to keep her at the hotel and you can talk to her after the game."

My head security guy walks into the room. "Get someone to look for Samantha Black and keep her in the hotel room. I want to talk to her after the game."

"Will do, boss." He leaves the room.

I change into my footy shorts and jersey.

The coach enters the room. "Everyone outside for warm ups."

The team and I run onto the field and we throw the ball around and stretch our limbs. Jackson throws me the ball and I catch and throw it back to him.

Donato kicks the ball over the post and he does that until he misses. I swap with him and practice my kicks.

"Five minutes to the game."

The team walks back inside.

The coach gives his pre-game speech. After the speech is done the team stands. We put our hands and chant. "Tigers, tigers, tigers." Then we all throw our hands up.

Jackson hits my back. "We're going to murder those silly cougars."

I laugh. "Hell yeah."

I hear the cougars walk out of there room and head for the field.

Jackson and I walk down the tunnel with our team. I jog down the four stairs and out onto the field.

The fans are standing and cheering on my team.

I wave at them and take my place on the field.

The referee stands next to the captain of the cougars and I. "Head or tail."

I call out. "Head."

The coin lands on heads.

I smile. "We'll start first."

The cougars kick the ball and my team catch it and they run down the field with the ball. A player gets tackled. He climbs to his feet and pushes the ball to the next player.

Jackson has the ball and I move into a position where he can off-load the ball to me. I catch the ball and run down the field. I'm tackled by a big guy.

I move like a worm to get him off of me.

I stand and put my foot the ball and pushing it out to the player behind me. He throws the ball to Donato and he runs with the ball.

I run behind him and he throws me the ball. I run as fast as I can to the try line. I dodge 1, 2, 3 players and I throw myself across the try line.

The score is 4-0.

Three of my team mates run over to me and pat my back.

Donato sets the ball up and he kicks it over the post. 6-0.

***

At half time the score is 24-4.

My team and I walk through the tunnel and we sit. I grab a bottle of an energy drink and I drain the bottle in 30 seconds.