The Bell

Banner by @KristyRyoko

Michael is in the room with me and he has a smirk on his face. "The princess needs to be on bed rest. That sucks."

I show him the bell. I smirk. "This is going to be fun. One week of," I ring the bell. "That's my calling when I need something. Good luck with that."

Michael runs his hand through his hair. "Shit! I didn't think the stuff those girls did you could resort you being on bed rest."

I shake my head. "It's not your fault, Michael." I crawl into the bed. "Those girls did what my sick sister wanted them to do."

Michael holds onto the door handle. "I can't believe you let your sister live. She's caused problems for you and you let her live. Are you insane?"

Of course I am. I always come with excuses for my sister and I'll probably always do that. I'm glad Vincent listened to me and spared her live.

I could see it in his eyes that he wanted to get rid of her like he did the other girls.

I was lucky that Michael had heard of Vincent Diablo.

If I didn't have Vincent in my life I would have died in that room.

I shudder at the thought.

Michael turns to me. "Sam, are you alright?"

I nod. "I will."

Michael leaves the room and I fall asleep.

***

"Samantha, help me." My sister yelled.

I look into the lake and see my sister going under.

"Gina, I'm coming" I yell.

I run into the lake as she goes down.

I swim out to where I last saw her and dive under.

I pull my sister up and paddle towards the shore.

My sisters face is turning blue.

I give her CPR.

I have tears falling down my face. "Gina, please breathe."

Kayne stops next to me. "What happened?"

I shrug. "I don't know. She just went under."

He shakes his head. "Your mother is going to keep you at home after this incident."

I glare at Kayne. "We're not going to tell my parents about this. It's going to be our little secret. NOW HELP ME!"

I watch Kayne breathe into Gina's mouth.

She coughs out water. She smiles at Kayne. "You saved me." She hugs him.

I wake up screaming.

Michael runs into the room. "What happened?"

I have tears falling down my face. "A nightmare. I haven't had in a long time."

I forgot about that day.

Maddox walks into the room.

I smile when I see him. "How was practice?"

Maddox sits on the bed next to me. "It was good. Coach taught us a new play for the game on Saturday."

I sigh. "I wish I could go. The damn Doc put me on a weeks bed rest. But she gave me this bell."

Maddox shakes his head. "Have you used it yet?"

I nod.

He kiss me. "I'm going to have a shower. I'll see you soon."

When I look around the room I don't see Michael.

He must have slipped out the door while I was talking to Maddox.

I ring the bell and Michael walks into the room. I'm hungry. Bring me up something to eat."

"Yes, miss Black." Michael exits the room.

I hear the shower turn on.

I need to go to the toilet.

I enter the bathroom and peak at Maddox while he's the shower.

He opens the door. "What are you doing in here? You're supposed to be in bed rest."

I roll my eyes. "I know Dad. But I needed to us the the toilet. I'm not going to ask one of Vincent's men to take me."

Maddox laughs. "I could have carried you."

"I knew you would want to carry me. But, you wouldn't have heard the bell."

I do my business and wash my hands.

I exit the bathroom and Michael is placing the food on the table. "Thanks,"

Michael looks at the door. "I have to see Vincent. Ring if you need anything else."

I smirk. "I will." I eat the food on the plate.

Maddox exits the bathroom and looks at the plate of food. "I'm hungry too. Can you get me some food."

I laugh. "This is going to be fun."

Maddox nods. "We're great partners."

I kiss his cheek. "Hide the plate. I'll get more food brought up."

I ring the bell.

The door pushes open and Michael is there. "What can I get you now?"

"I'm hungry."

He shakes his head. "You just ate."

I pay my belly. "I'm pregnant, Michael. You wouldn't deny a pregnant woman more food would you?"

"No, Miss Black."

"Hurry back."

Michael exit the room. Maddox and I are on the bed laughing.

Someone knocks on the door.

"Come in," I yell.

Vincent opens the door. He looks at us. "What are you two up to?"

"Nothing, Vin."

"I don't believe you."

I ring the bell over and over until Michael enters the room. "Took you long enough"

He gives me the tray and I place it on Maddox's lap.

Michael opens his mouth and then closest it. "The food was meant for him the entire time?"

I nod.

"The tray is under the bed. You can take it to the kitchen."

Maddox eats the food from the plate. "This is good."

Vincent laughs. "Are you using my men to get your fiancé food."

I shrug. "Maybe,"

He shakes his head. "You two are going to be a problem for my men this week?"

Yeah, buddy. I'm not going to let Maddox out of this room. If I can't leave the bed then neither can he when he's at home. I have to let him go to practice.

Vincent looks at me. "I have to go home tomorrow. I'm glad you're safe, Sam. Give me a call when you come to Santa Cruz and I'll have a car pick you up."

Vincent walks over to the bed and I hug him. "Thank you for everything, Vincent."

***

Thanks for reading

Vote/comment/share/follow me

❤️MissDredge❤️

That's another chapter done. Let me know what you think.