Ch. 41 Love.

*Alice's P.O.V.*

We went to my family's summer house and Elliot's been really distant. Wheeling around on my wheel chair, I saw Elliot. He sat outside at the gazebo. It was my only chance to talk to him. Managing to open the door, I quickly pushed myself towards the gazebo. He turned and smiled a little. "Elliot, help me." I said, he stood, "What do you need help with?" He asked, I extended my hand, which he took without questioning, "Help me stand, I can't walk on my leg without it hurting." He helped, and I leaned all my weight against him as we stared at the lake.

"Why have you been avoiding me?" My voice sounded hurt, and I couldn't help it. He looked at me in silence. "After all we've been through you just leave me like that?" My voice cracked with sadness halfway through my sentence. "No Alice, it's not like that..." He trailed off. "Then what's it like Elliot?" I snapped, looking at him. "I don't have an eye any more, I've been put through hell, and you think that it's okay to just leave me?" I demanded, he flinched but tears were already falling from my eye. Elliot pulled me into a hug, surprising me. "I thought you were with Ryder and I didn't want to bother you." He explained. Squeezing my eye shut, more tears fell. "Why didn't you just ask?" I demanded. He let us sit down.

"I don't know Alice, I'm so fucking stupid. I started gaining feelings towards you and I didn't know how to deal with it so I repressed it and every time I saw you and Ryder together I got insanely jealous and hurt. But it was never your fault it was just me. And every time I look at you my heart just starts pounding, and I want to be there for you, but I went to your hospital room to tell you and I saw Ryder confess his feelings to you, and I thought you'd get back together because I just think that you could do so much better than me. After all the stupid shit I put you through." I was surprised to hear him vulnerable, frustrated, and hurt. Tears fell from his eyes as he stared at me.

"Elliot, after what I went through, I know that life should be lived to the fullest. That people should do what they want because time is always running out. Which is why I'm going to do this." Before Elliot could ask what, I pressed my lips against his. His eyes widened in surprise. Then we both melted into the kiss. Elliot pulled back, his hand cupped against my face, "Alice," he breathed. "I know this might be rushed Elliot, but I love you. I've loved you for a long time now, and I don't want to live another second without you knowing." I said, he stared at me.

"Alice," suddenly a smile broke out on his face, "I love you too."

At that, he pressed his lips against mine again.

That day is, even now, marked down as the happiest day in my life.

It was also the beginning of something horrifyingly beautiful.