Ch. 21 Promise Me.

*Ryder's P.O.V.*

Nisha sat next to me, and we drove in silence. I know we were both worried, despite her hatred of Alice, she'd been a good friend of her's. Nisha knew she didn't deserve this. My thoughts were racing. Alice, poor Alice. What was wrong with her?

"There!" I heard Nisha exclaim after a while of driving, "Where?" I asked, "There, there's another cabin, maybe we can get some help." She answered, turning in the direction she was pointing, we pulled up to a quaint cabin. Guess someone else liked the woods here as well.

"Let's go." I said, Nisha nodded, and we quickly got out.

Walking up to the porch, I gave it a few quick knocks. The door creaked open, and I saw an old lady open the door. She had dark hair except for one grey streak, she had it pulled back into a bun, her face wrinkled slightly. She gave us a small smile, "Yes?" She asked, I smiled politely at the woman, noticing she kept glancing at Nisha then back at me repeatedly. "Our friend is sick and we need help." I said, she nodded. "I'm a nurse, I'm sure I can help. My husband's just sleeping, he won't mind. I'll get in my car and follow you two to the cabin." She stated. "Thank you so much ma'am," I exclaimed, glad she was so easy to help us out.

"Let me grab a few things." She walked into her house and I heard some rustling, but soon we were all going back to the cabin.

*Alice's P.O.V.*

"What do you mean?" Elliot asked, sounding confused. "You're eyes were green just now..." I trailed off, inspecting his face. "No, my eyes are brown -"

"I know! But they weren't just then," I exclaimed in frustration. He froze in surprise at my harsh tone. "Stay still for me." I ordered, leaning towards him. Closing my eyes, I willed for his eyes to be green, when I opened my eyes, they were. My eyes widened in horror as his eyes shifted back. "Oh no," I whispered in horror, he rested a hand on my shoulder, "Alice what's wrong?" He asked in concern. "This is a dream..." I trailed off, Elliot raised a brow.

"What?"

"This whole thing, I'm dreaming, that's why I keep hearing people tell me to wake up, I'm dreaming!" I exclaimed, he stared at me in disbelief. "Alice this can't be a dream." He responded, I shook my head as he spoke. "No Elliot, it is. Right now you're just a figment of my imagination," I stated stubbornly, he stared back at me. How could I be imaging him so well right now? "Come on, I'll show you." I added, standing up and offering a hand. He took it, letting out a sigh.

We climbed down the ladder, and I walked him into the bathroom. "Okay, now," I closed the door as I spoke, "Just look at the mirror." He obeyed, and once again I willed for his eyes to turn green. We both got to watch as his eyes flashed green and then went back to normal as my mind corrected itself. He turned to me, and shocked me by looking so heartbroken. A tear slipped out of his eye, "I don't want this to be a dream," he whispered, "I don't want to be a part of your imagination," he laced his fingers through mine, how was I imagining this so well? Sadness encompassed me, "I don't want to disappear when you open your eyes," he continued in a sad whisper. He looked at me, and I couldn't help but look back, his tears fell faster.

"I love you Alice, but will you remember me when you wake up?" He asked, taking a step towards me, I was paralyzed. The tears kept falling from his eyes. "I don't want you to go, I don't want you to wake up," he pleaded, "Alice, I love you so much, please... don't leave me. Please don't leave me." He begged, pulling me into a hug. His whole life Elliot has watched his parents separate and get back together, he's watched his family have unstable relationships, he's been in unstable relationships. In fact, the only stable thing about him is his hatred for me. I remember he told me he never believed in love. He told me that he'd be alone for the rest of his life.