Ch. 27 A Conversation With Spirits.

*Elliot's P.O.V.*

Grabbing my cigarettes, I stepped outside. Alice refused to leave her room for most of the day and also wouldn't tell me why. Ryder flinched away from me every time we made eye contact now, and Nisha was mute suddenly. Guess that constellation was right. Shit really did hit the fan on this one.

Sighing, I exhaled a plume of smoke, tapping the cigarette before bringing it back up to my lips. As I sat on the porch, I heard the front door open, and looked over. Alice stepped out, she was using crutches. That burn hurt more than she let on.

"Elliot, I need your help." She said, I put out the cigarette, tossing it carelessly to the side. Which rewarded me with a scorching hot gaze from Alice. She still hated it when I did that. I smirked at her, and she rolled her eyes. "With what?" I asked, figuring I'd annoyed her enough. "You remember when we found those basement doors? I need to go there." She said, I raised a brow, remembering her former freak out. "You sure?" I asked.
She nodded, "I'm thinking I can maybe talk to the spirits of the girls there, get some answers." She responded, hobbling down the steps, and turning. "You coming?" She asked, I nodded, following her.

"So, why do you think talking to spirits is a good thing in the first place?" I asked, she stared forward with a steely gaze. "I need answers, this is the only way to get them." Alice answered in a determined tone. I noticed she had a messenger bag slung over her shoulder, she noticed my staring. "Supplies." She said, I nodded, and soon we reached the shed place. Alice sucked in a huge breath and I held the door open.

She adjusted herself so she was sitting cross legged on the ground, and she handed me the messenger bag. "This is my first time trying to summon them, I have no idea if it will work or not, but that has a first aid kit and some water in it. Just in case there's...unexpected results." She explained, I nodded, sitting in front of her. She laced her fingers together, and closed her eyes, breathing steadily.

For a while I thought nothing was going to happen, until Alice's eyes snapped open and they were a pure milky white. No iris, no pupils, just a milky white with veins webbing around the corners.

I barely managed to calm my heartbeat. She stared at me until I slowly asked, "W-who's there?"

"Alexis Ross."

It was up to me to interrogate her then I supposed.

"Why are you tormenting Alice?"

"I am not tormenting her, I'm showing her what will happen if she stays in the cabin," the voice speaking wasn't Alice's voice, it was slightly deeper but still feminine. "What will happen if she stays?"

"She will be tortured and killed. The old lady only goes after teenage girls."

"What does the old lady look like?"

"She has black hair with a silver streak in it, she looks friendly but is extremely volatile."

"Why is she killing people?"

"She's insane. She thinks if she sacrifices enough girls then her husband will wake up. It's impossible, he's dead."

Before I could ask anything more, her back arched suddenly and she let out this horrible screeching sound. I flinched in surprise, "Trouble, trouble, trouble, TROUBLE, TROUBLE, TROUBLE!" Alice started screeching the words over and over, basically convulsing on the floor.

"Alice!" I yelled, grabbing her by the shoulders, I kept shouting at her to wake up.

Suddenly her hands shot up, grabbing the sides of my face with an iron grip, making me nearly jump out of my skin.

"She's here." Alexis said, before Alice's body let out one last shudder and collapsed.

Shooting up, I looked around in panic while Alice was passed out on the floor.

If the old woman wasn't here, she was at the cabin.

Where Nisha is...

My heart started thudding, and I knew I had to go before anything could happen to Nisha, but I couldn't leave Alice here.

Lifting Alice, I knew she wasn't waking up anytime soon.

I laid her down out of sight, knowing she'd weigh me down if I went to run back to the cabin. Grabbing some paper she left in her messenger bag, I wrote a note explaining my absence, and bolted.

Nisha was in trouble, even though she's a bitch sometimes, she doesn't deserve to be sacrificed.