Ch. 40 Where?

*Alice's P.O.V.*

Ryder stared at me with hope-filled eyes after his confession. My face contorted into sympathy. "Oh, Ryder..." immediately his face dropped. "I'm so sorry, I just don't feel that way." I responded, he nodded. Elliot was the one I loved, the one who's really been there for me forever. "I guess I'll leave then, don't want any awkward tension." He tried to joke but it just made the atmosphere in the room even worse. He hobbled up. "I'll see you later Alice," My heart sunk as he left the room. Refusing to make eye contact with me.

Looking out the window, I sighed. I could never catch a break could I?

Rubbing my eyes, I glanced at the clock. It was 2:50, usually Elliot visited at 2:55 and stayed until he was asked to leave. Honestly he was really helping out, and every time I saw him, part of me wanted to confess my feelings for him. Leaning back a little, I put my book aside. I was too distracted to read.

So I waited. Staring at the broken TV that wouldn't turn on.

After dozing off, I checked the clock, 3:10. Where was he? I wish I could get up and go find him. But I was bedridden, so I relented, maybe he was just busy or something. So I started reading.

Once again after a while I eagerly looked up. 4:00.

He still isn't here.

I frowned, and burrowed down. I'm sure he wouldn't abandon me, he must have a reason for not visiting. So I convinced myself he'd be back later, and settled in for a nap. When I woke up, the first thing I checked was the clock.

7:30.

I felt a little tear slip out and quickly wiped it away.

Where was he?

*******************

Sorry for the late update guys, I was completely swamped with homework, and stuff to study.
-Rosethorn.