Ch. 16 Want to Stay.

*Elliot's P.O.V.*

Despite her snarky remark I saw how scared she was. "How did you do that?" She asked, the panic in her voice starting to show. "I don't know but maybe we should both get some sleep." I answered, no way was I going to tell her what happened when she was loopy, tired, and panicked. She slowly sat on her bed, rubbing her face in an exasperated gesture she rarely made. Her hair fell around her in a frizzy tangled mess, and she looked, beyond all, exhausted.

"I can't." She said, I looked at her, "What do you mean you can't?" I asked, she looked up at me, "I can't sleep." She answered, staring back up at me. I understood. She was having nightmares, and basically getting possessed, I wouldn't want to sleep either. "How can I help you?" I asked, Alice gave me a sheepish smile.

"I wouldn't ask you to help, I've already asked a lot of you." She said, laying down on her bed. Tucking my phone into my pocket, I inspected her. Walking over, I lowered myself on the bed next to her. "What are you doing?" She asked as I settled down next to her. "I'm going to stay with you until you sleep. That'll help right?" I asked, she let out a long sigh. "I think..." Alice admitted, and sure enough, soon she was asleep next to me.

Except I didn't find myself leaving once she fell asleep.

I was surprised because I didn't want to leave her.

Slowly, I fell asleep as well.