Ch. 29 Eyes.

*Alice's P.O.V.*

Elliot carefully re-bandaged my ankle as Ryder leaned against the wall of the living room, clutching the shotgun. I'd just explained to him the truth of everything that's been happening. He stared at the ground in shock for a minute before letting out sigh, "So you're saying that old lady is a serial killer basically? And she goes after teenage girls?" I nodded, his lips pressed into a hard line as anger contorted on his face, and he slammed the shotgun into the wall angrily, startling both Elliot and I. "Sorry, that seemed the best way to exorcise my anger. That bitch has Nisha." He growled, leaning against the wall, closing his eyes in defeat.

Elliot stood up after finishing with my ankle, "She cut the brake lines on our car, and managed to steal our cellphones. She's going to go after Alice next, our best bet is to walk back to civilization, and tell the police what's happened. Staying here is not only putting us two in danger, but it's putting Alice in the most danger." Ryder nodded. Before anything we could say anything else, there was a loud thud outside. Ryder tensed up, cocking the shotgun. "I'll go check it out," He said bravely. "Take care of Alice." He finished, Elliot nodded, and I winced, standing up.

Suddenly we heard a yell of pain, and Ryder scream, "Run!"

*Ryder's P.O.V.*

I stepped outside and saw nothing. Creeping around the corner of the house, before I could swivel my head to check for everything, something collided against my leg, my femur to be exact. Letting out a scream of pain, I heard a sickening snap and knew it was broken. I collapsed, and saw a brief glimpse of the old lady, "Run!" I screamed to the others.

*Alice's P.O.V.*

Elliot forced me to get on a piggyback position on him, and he started running. Impressively fast for a smoker, with the weight a teenage girl on his back. "To that shed Elliot! We'll never make it to civilization fast enough! I'll free the spirits from the basement, trust me!" I exclaimed, when a shotgun shell imbedded itself into a nearby tree, he decided to trust me. Making a sharp turn towards the shed. I don't know how I knew my plan would work, but I just did.

We reached it, and Elliot lowered me, looking around for the old woman, pulling out his pocketknife. I started hobbling towards the shed, when I heard a voice say, "One more step and the boy dies."

Turning I saw the old woman, pointing the shotgun Ryder had been carrying, at Elliot, who had his hands raised and was obviously already tired. "Okay," I said slowly, she narrowed her eyes. There was a tense silence until I said, "Is this really what your husband would want? For you to kill people?" Suddenly I saw this glowing aura around me, it was him. The spirit of her husband, he materialized next to me and I knew I was the only one to see him. He fed me words to say, "He never would've wanted you to kill these innocent girls. Remember those love filled evening you two had, where you just enjoyed life? Why are you taking it from others now? He's sorry he can't be here, but that doesn't mean you should kill people. He's dead, and no matter who you sacrifice it'll still be that way. You have to let this go, he wants you to let this go." I insisted. She stared at me for few seconds, before pointing the gun at me, her face contorting in rage.

"Don't you dare tell me what my husband would be thinking! You know nothing!" She screamed, her face going red with anger. Taking her moment of distraction, Elliot full body tackled her, and I limped towards the door before I heard it. A gun shot and a masculine shout of pain. Whipping around I saw she'd shot him, well attempted to. It grazed his arm but still left a painful looking gash. She stumbled up, blood trickling out of her mouth from where he'd punched her, and her stomach bleeding from where he'd stabbed her. Before he could do anything else, she slammed the butt of the shotgun into his head, he fell back to the ground. She shakily pointed the gun at me. "Your blood will bring him back to me." She approached me slowly. "Cooperate." She threatened, her body obviously exhausted.

As she got closer, I waited patiently until she reached me. That's when I fought back. Punching her, I kicked her with my good leg, but as she fell, she hit me hard in the ankle where my burn was. Shouting pain, my vision blurred as I stumbled. She stumbled up, grabbing a stray shard of glass, abandoning the gun that was obviously becoming to heavy for her to heft around. When I tried to get up, she kicked me right in the jaw, sending me flying back. My glasses flying off my face, making the world go blurry.

Before I could fully sit up, she stabbed me with the glass shard, but not in my leg or anything. In my left eye. Right in the center of it. Screaming in pain, she yanked it back out and I could feel what was left of my eye being ripped from my skull. My vision was completely lost in my other eye, but I felt the blood spilling from it. I couldn't see anything. My vision in my one eye blurred.

She grabbed me by the hair and dragging me across the ground, and I was too weak to fight back.

Then, I blacked out from the pain.