Ch. 23 Down The Drain.

*Elliot's P.O.V.*

Walking out of the room, I knew what I had to do. Everyone hated me already, and I was willing to let them hate me more for Alice's sake. She looked so traumatized. So terribly scared. The old woman smiled softly at me and I hardened my exterior as I stared coldly back, crossing my arms. "You're not needed here anymore." I stated, Ryder and Nisha stared at me in shock, the old woman raised a brow. "I thought I might stay just in case -" 

"No, I know you're old, but I didn't realize your hearing was that bad, do I need to repeat myself? Leave old lady." I snapped, she looked offended, Ryder and Nisha were stricken speechless. "Are you sure -" 

"More than sure, you can leave now, I'm sure you can find your way back." 

She started towards the door, and Ryder went after but I stopped him, giving him a warning look. Thankfully he understood my glance and let the woman leave. 

*Alice's P.O.V.* 

Curling up, I was damp, but I kept remembering Elliot's lips against mine. His tears, his final scream. 

It was all so real.

His tears as he pushed me in the well, our promise. I would keep it, even if he really was just my imagination. That promise meant more to me than any other promise I've made. 

As I was curled up, the door opened, and I looked up to see Ryder. He smiled a little at me, and sat by my bedside. All I could remember is what he did in those dreams. It's all I could think about. "How are you holding up?" He asked, I forced a little smile, "I'm just feeling a little sick, but I'm fine, no need to worry about me." I answered. He offered a hand and I surprised myself by flinching away. "Sorry," I chuckled, sitting up myself. "I need a shower." I stated abruptly, getting up on my own and grabbing my glasses. He nodded, "Alice are you all right?" He asked slowly. 

Turning I saw him right behind me, and had a flashback of my dream. It startled me so much I jumped and almost tripped. He went to steady me but I avoided his touch. "I'm fine, I swear. I'm just a little jumpy, and I need to relax a little." I hoped that was the truth. He nodded slowly, and I grabbed some clothes.

"I'll see you later." 

Stepping into the shower, the hot water pelted me and it reminded me of the rain from my dream. I was mourning the loss of someone who never technically existed, but somehow I felt like someone really close to me died. He sacrificed himself for me. Closing my eyes, I wished my memories of my dreams would wash down the drain. 

But no matter how hard I tried. 

They wouldn't.