Ch. 3 Please.

*Alice's P.O.V*
Ever since we arrived, my headaches have been worse, and I do everything but stay in the cabin. That involves long walks, and sitting on the porch for as long as possible. The others think I love the scenery but I know better. Stepping out, we all gathered in the kitchen for breakfast. It's odd we've fallen into a routine. As we sat, Elliot let out a cough and it was completely quiet until Nisha said, "We should all go out and explore together today. Find cool stuff. Alice you've been wandering around lately, anything interesting to show for it?" Elliot's gaze flicked up to mine, and I continued to ignore him. Like usual. Shrugging, I made a sheepish grin, "Well I mean, I don't think so. No." I answered, she shrugged. "Still we should go out and explore." She said, there were reluctant mutters of fine, before Elliot slunk out of the house for his morning smoke.

Slipping back into my room, I changed out of my pajamas, took some headache medicine, just in case, and walked back out. Stepping out of the cabin, Ryder and Elliot were standing casually. Elliot tapping his cigarette, and exhaling a plume of smoke. He gave me a bored glance and Ryder gave me a bright smile.
"Beautiful as a rose." He commented, I wore a red, short sleeved shirt, and acid washed skinny jeans with black boots.

"Thorns just as sharp too." Elliot commented in a mutter that only I could hear. When I glanced at him he smirked at me, and I didn't flip him off just because Ryder was there.

Before any of us could say anything else, Nisha appeared, "Let's go." She said, Elliot put out his cigarette and tossed the butt of it into the nearest rubbish bin. We all started off.

    After wandering around, Ryder and I ended up behind Nisha and Elliot, who were having a conversation about something. All I was aware of was Ryder standing so close to me, my heart was pounding. "You feeling less uneasy?" Ryder asked, I shrugged in response, and then he surprised me by taking my hand and lacing my fingers through his. He gave my hand a reassuring squeeze, which I returned, but neither of us let go. Which made my heart beat even faster, and a blush crept up my neck. Our hand holding was hidden from Nisha and Elliot's view though. It was our little secret.

    Eventually we found a weird shack looking thing, something about it made me nervous, and we approached it. Ryder let go of my hand to open the door. "Wonder what's in here." Nisha said teasingly, Elliot let out an indifferent breath of laughter, Ryder eagerly shoved the door open, and I did nothing. It was like my feet were rooted to the ground, everyone started walking in and Nisha turned, "Come on Alice." She said, reluctantly, I walked inside, there were a few stray hay bales, but the main thing was metal door to underground. It was rusted and blood stained. I heard moans and cries emanating from underneath it, and I stepped back in horror.

    "Let's go in." Ryder said eagerly, "No!" I exclaimed, making everyone turn to me as if I were the crazy one. Could they not see the blood covering the doors? "Can you not see that?" I asked, gesturing to the doors, Ryder nodded slowly. "I can see the doors." Wait, they couldn't see it? "No, no, not the doors." I said, walking up to it, it looked horrifying. "Well can you guys not hear anything?" Nisha stared at me, a peculiar look in her eyes. "I hear crickets, and some birds." She said, in an equally slow tone, like talking down to a child. Elliot didn't comment but stared. Something he's good at evidently. I felt blood trickle from my nose and dabbed it away. Blinking a couple times the sounds vanished, and the doors looked completely normal.

      Once again I took a couple steps back and Ryder reached for the doors. "Don't open that." I protested, making everyone turn to me again. "What's wrong?" He asked, I stared at it, "Just don't, please." It was my family's property, everyone knew it was my first time here, I had no reason to not open it. But all of my being didn't want to open the door.

    "Come on, where's your adventurer's spirit Alice?" Ryder teased, wrapping his hand around the handle anyway, despite my protests.

    "She said not to, it's her family's property, not your's, don't open it." Elliot said, surprise shook me. In a situation like that, it was the guy I hated the most and who hated me the most standing up for me. Ryder looked up in surprise. Obviously Nisha and Ryder wanted to open the doors and find out what was in the basement. Nisha shifted uneasily but didn't comment, and Elliot openly stared down Ryder, who let go of it. "Sorry, I shouldn't have made you uncomfortable like that." Ryder said, I stared at him, but started backing away slowly. I really didn't want to be in this farm house, shack, whatever the fuck this is, I didn't want to be here. Not because I was just brash to my crush, but it made me uneasy.