Soon

Yeongnam Academy's annual spring festival was finally kicking off. Everyone was busy tending to their respective departments and doing some final touch-ups for all students and outsiders to enjoy. There was only a few hours left until the stalls scattered around campus start forming lines, the classrooms and hallways soon to be swarming with hundreds of unfamiliar faces, and the venue to start smelling like street food and cotton candy. 

Hyerin stood on top of a chair, in the midst of fixing the banner drooped over her classroom's door. This was the first time she was involving herself in school, and to be quite honest, the current festivities successfully took her mind off of the things she much rather not think about. She was quite hesitant at first, but knowing that she needed a break from M-LX and the problems that came along with it, she decided to give it a shot.

After successfully pinning up the banner, she took advantage of her position on top of the chair to take a look around her.

The hallway was bustling with activity as students scurried around in their uniforms and costumes, all varying from gray and black waiter attires, cardboard helmets painted in silver, to sleek James Bond suits. All departments had different themes assigned to them and, coincidentally, Hyerin's building was in charge of the futuristic sci-fo 'alien' concept. She laughed at the irony of it.

As her eyes passed the cramped hallway, she immediately spotted the lone patch of orange hair in the sea of cheesy robot heads and fake metal antennas. The owner of the bright-colored hair looked up, making eye contact with her.

"Hyerin!" Chanyeol grinned, jumping up and down before squeezing himself through the crowd to make his way towards her. Behind him, Sehun and Luhan followed.

"Hey!" She smiled, stepping down from the chair to meet with the trio. "What are you guys doing here? Aren't you supposed to be helping in your departments?"

"I was but the head organizer in my building said they didn't need help. But hey, look!" Luhan spun around in place to show off his steel armor. "We're doing medieval times. Don't I look exceptionally gallant?"

"Dashing," she retorted, rolling her eyes playfully.

"What about me!? We juniors are doing retro!" Chanyeol exclaimed, smiling widely as he sported a pair of bellbottoms and a Shalamek shirt topped with a bright yellow scarf wrapped around his neck.

"Groovy," Hyerin complimented before turning to Sehun and raising a brow. "And what are you supposed to be?"

Sehun, like Luhan, spun around in place, flaunting his white captain outfit. "Our department is doing K-Pop," he said a-matter-of-factly as he tipped his hat.

"Then who are you cosplaying as?" she asked, brows furrowing.

"SNSD! You know, Genie?" He did the trademark leg dance step. "Can't you tell by the sailor outfit?" he scoffed. "What about you? What are you supposed to be?"

"Nothing." She shrugged. "I just help with the decorations."

"Bo-ring," Luhan stuck his tongue out to which Hyerin flipped him off.

"Shut up. Dressing up and shit is too bothersome. Ain't nobody got time for that," she scowled, taking the box of supplies from the table to carry inside. "Now if you gentlemen would excuse me, I have more stuff to do here."

"Oh just ditch these basic shrews-"

"Sehun-"

"-and go sneak around with us and have fun!" Sehun exclaimed, earning a few glares from the people around him. He ignored them.

"I'll have fun with you losers later, but right now I have a lot to do," she said, heading back inside the classroom. "Don't worry, I'll call one of you later!"