Of Rice Cakes and Guns

"I found you."

Hyerin jumped, almost spilling the orange juice on her lunch tray all over her uniform. She turned around, taking in a large breath.

"What do you want!?" she demanded, not at all amused to see Kai behind her with a big grin on his face.

"I was looking all over for you," he said, sweeping his hair to the side.

"Damn it, do you have to be so sneaky? If I didn't know better I would have shot you in an instant," she hissed, setting the tray down on the table.

He raised a brow. "So you bring a gun to school?"

"Maybe. But that's beside the point." She rolled her eyes. "What do you want?"

He crossed his arms and shrugged. "Oh, Hyerinnie. Have you forgotten about our little deal already?"

"No. What does that have to do with you creeping up on me?"

"Well, I did say I would find you." He bent down to her level, his tone dropping a notch. "And finder's keepers remember?"

She scoffed, unfazed. "Like that'll happen. Look, I need to go eat lunch now so if you'll excuse me," she said, about to sit down when Kai pulled her back up.

"What the hell is wrong with you?"

"We had a deal, Hyerin. So I will go forth with my plans and you should just live up to your promise," he said as he walked, taking her tray of food and dumping it in the trashcan. "You're mine today."

"No, I'm not. I'm nobody's property and what the fuck, Jongin? I paid for that shit."

"Psh. It's not like you're under financial crisis or something," Kai said, taking her wrist and leading her out of the cafeteria.

"It's still money. And where are we going?"

"Out of here."

"What do you mean by that?"

"I mean out of here, Hyerin. Slow much?" he teased as they crossed the field.

She wanted to strangle him. Why did the pretty ones always have to be assholes? "Stop being a smartass. Unless you want to get punched, that is."

"No can do, Hyerin. Once it's in my system, I can't get rid of it anymore. Come on," he said, going around to the back of the school's clock tower. He pulled her hand as they walked towards a dead end.

"So what's this supposed to be?" she asked, almost mocking.

"It's a fence, Hyerin. A fence. Wow, and I thought you were pretty smart," he snorted.

She glared at him. "Do you take everything literally?"

"Not really. Making fun of you is just fun." He shrugged. "Now that you know what a fence is, we go over it."

"Wait, what?"

Without further hesitation, Kai climbed up the fence. When he got to the top, he looked left and right, checking if there was anyone watching. Seeing that the coast was clear, he jumped down, landing perfectly on his feet.

"Come on, Hyerin."

She gaped at him as if he grew another head. "What are you fucking mental?" she exclaimed from the other side.

"What? I'm pretty sure climbing this would be a piece of cake to you."

"That's not the point. We're going to get caught."

"Not if you hurry up, we won't."

"Cutting classes, birdbrain! You want me to cut classes with you!"