Before You Hit the Ground

Luhan bid his goodbye to Agent Zero, digging his hands inside his jean pockets before exiting the man’s office.

He sighed, running a hand through his hair as he walked quietly along the cold steel hallway. He felt tired and drained from devising an escape for the following day, as well as deciding who should be coming along with Hyerin and who will be staying. This went on for two whole straight hours with Agent M, Zero, Chen, Baekhyun, Kris, Suho and himself.

Sighing, he turned a corner to the hallway where his shared room was located. He lifted his head up only to see someone, specifically a boy, disappearing at the corner at the end of the hallway.

Luhan’s eyebrows furrowed, glancing down at his wristwatch. It was 4 AM in the morning and aside from the other six he had a meeting with earlier, no one would be up at this hour. Unless, of course, some lower-ranked agents decided to wake up for an early morning workout.

Nonetheless, Luhan stomped his way to the end of the hallway where the man disappeared. It was better to be safe.

Once Luhan finally reached the corner, he was lead to another steel hallway, now having a clear view as to who it was.

“Sehun?” he whispered to himself in a questioning manner. What could the boy be doing up this early?

The boy must have heard Luhan’s loud footsteps behind him as he turned around abruptly to see who was following him. Seeing that it was Luhan, his wide and shocked eyes softened in a not exactly good way. With a dismissive shake of his head, he continued on his way.

Luhan continued to follow him.

Luhan began to feel more and more suspicious as Sehun’s steps became brisker. This was also the HQ’s exit route back outside to the city, and something told him that was where the boy was headed to.

Turns out he was right. He watched as Sehun took out his I.D. to enter the parking lot.

“Stop,” Luhan said, interrupting Sehun from swiping his card on the scanner. It was only for a brief second though, because he slid his I.D. anyway.

“I said stop,” Luhan repeated just when Sehun was about to push the glass doors open. “You know we’re not allowed to go outside.”

“It’s okay. I just need to do something and I’ll be back in two hours,” he said in a hurry, pushing the doors open.

“Sehun,” Luhan sighed, following the boy outside to the parking lot. “Sehun, wait!”

Sehun didn’t respond and continued to walk in the middle of the parking lot towards his car. With desperation, Luhan jogged towards him and clutched his arm to stop him.

Sehun impatiently shook Luhan’s hand off of him. “What do you want?” he hissed.

“For you to stop acting like an idiot,” he retorted. “You know full well that you’re going to get in trouble.”

“I won’t be if they don’t find out,” he said. “Just leave me alone, will you? I know what I’m doing so just go back inside.”

“Are you crazy?” Luhan scoffed. “It’s dangerous outside! What’s your business out there anyway?”

Sehun clicked his tongue and walked away, ignoring the older boy.

Luhan sighed out of frustration. “Goddammit, Sehun, listen to me,” he said through gritted teeth, pulling Sehun back once again.

This time, Sehun rashly pushed Luhan away. “What the fuck is your problem!?”

“What the fuck’s your problem!?” Luhan spat back. “I’m not going to let you go outside! You’re a team member and you’re my responsibility!”