Trust Me

The merciless eyes of Kang Jaesuk, now known as Durus, turned into slits as he scanned the huge office.

It was the cleanest, most organized room he had been in for a long time now. Just by the sight of the properly positioned furniture and the stack of papers neatly placed on the desk made him want to trash the room so badly.

Everything is perfect. Too perfect.

"How are things?"

His steely gaze snapped to the man. He almost forgot his true purpose inside this hellhole. He took a step forward and folded his humongous arms in front of his iron chest. "Good," he said in his deep, rough voice. "All we need is your signal."

With his back to Durus, the mysterious man behind the desk swayed in his leather rolling chair. "Then you shall go forth with your plans whenever you are comfortable to do so," he said. "I have already taken care of the little things."

Durus nodded once. "I will come back for you once I'm finished," he said, walking over to the door. "I shall take my leave."

Just when he was about to exit the room, the man called out to him.

"Do not forget what we agreed on, Durus. Be reminded that after you are done with your business, you are officially my possession. Do not attempt to run away," the other said in an eerily calm voice, "for that would be a big mistake."

Durus squeezed the doorknob, staring hard at the carpeted floor. With a deep breath, he nodded understandingly before leaving the office.

- - -

"Watch where you're going, will you?" Hyerin snapped, picking up her books from the floor and setting it down on her desk.

The boy she bumped into sneered, merely giving her a glance as he made his way to his seat. "You watch where you're going," he snapped back, glaring. "Punk."

Hyerin shook her head and sat down, dropping her bag beside her desk. Lately, she's been in a foul mood, and it wasn't just because of the tiring training they had to do at M-LX for weeks. The boys were gaining a lot of attention from students, like how Agent M predicted. As the days went by, they became stronger, stealthier and more attractive even, receiving much praise from the people around them. They were the talk of everyone at school and somehow, Hyerin was brought into it as well. Seeing that some of the boys were almost always around her everyday, there were many unnecessary talks spreading around campus.

And she didn't like it. Not one bit.

Her reputation as a normal student in Yeongnam was long gone. People kept asking her about the boys and how she managed to be friends with the popular crowd all of a sudden. If she could have just one day of peace, it would definitely be appreciated.

Sighing, she opened her textbook, highlighting important keywords that were sure to pop up in their test next week.

In the meantime at the back of the classroom, a group of girls glared daggers at the back of Hyerin's head, not pleased with what was happening lately.

"How did she manage to get so close to them all, though?" one girl asked the other.

She shrugged. "I don't know. She doesn't seem special at all."

Hyeseul, the leader of the pact, folded her arms. "It's too early to tell, but there's got to be something about her. They wouldn't be around her so much if she wasn't anything special," she said.

"So are we going to do anything about it?"

"Of course! What, do you want the boys to get hogged by that girl?"