Everything You Never Thought I Was

To: Dad

I'm sorry. I shouldn't have acted so childish that night you told us the truth.

I though I was mature enough to handle the situation, but I guess I was wrong. 

I hope you forgive me and I love you.

Please come home.

Hyerin stared down at the self-composed message she was contemplating to send to her dad. It had been a week and a couple of days since he last came home, and if ever he did, it was probably during the times when Hyerin was at school or with the others.

She figured that he was doing this to give her space to cool her head off, and although she really hated to admit it, it made her feel selfish and immature. Her father took the time and effort to not come home just because she was feeling bad and all she did for the past few days was sulk, sulk, and sulk.

Whatever. It was all over and done with. Things have gone crazy already, and the last good thing she could possibly do at a time like this was to fix it, and that meant apologizing.

Just right when she was about to hit send, her phone vibrated and rang in her hands, making her jump slightly. It was a call from M-LX.

Hyerin glanced up at the wall clock in the living room just above the T.V. It was only 5:30 PM. What could they possibly want?

With a sigh, she answered. "Hello?"

"Agent Hyerin?" It was a female voice.

"Yes? Who is this?"

"This is Suzy. Agent M's assistant?"

"Oh! Hello. What made you call?"

"Agent M would like to leave a message for you," she said.

Hyerin raised a brow. Her father must be really serious about giving her space if he didn't even want to tell her this message himself.

"Oh. Well, what is it?"

"Your father just received a call from the mayor's secretary," she explained, surprising Hyerin. "Mayor Kwon would like to meet with you in his household to properly thank you for saving him during that incident at Agent Suho's estate. He's extremely grateful for what you did and would like you to come stop by."

"Oh. When exactly?"

"Preferably today."

Hyerin paused for a moment to look up at the clock again. In thirty minutes, she was supposed to head to M-LX since the others were there doing work. It probably wouldn't hurt to be a little late.

"Alright," she sighed, standing up and heading towards the coat rack. "I'm on my way there."

"Understood, agent. I'll inform your father."

"Thanks, Suzy," she said, putting on her leather jacket and grabbing her helmet. "Bye."

"Goodbye." Click.

Sighing, Hyerin unlocked the front door and stepped outside. It rained that morning, resulting to a gloomy afternoon with the air feeling moist and the ground damp. It reminded her of the aftermath of a particularly unfortunate Tuesday three years ago.

Hyerin shook her head as she hopped on her MV Augusta. Not a good time to think about sappy shit like that right now. With the twist of her key and a couple of kicks on the starter, her motorcycle roared to life.

She revved the engine before heading out into the streets to the Mayor's grand estate.

---

According to the built-in navigation in her motorcycle, it took about twelve minutes to arrive at the Mayor's home. It was as big as she imagined it to be. From the moment she was greeted by security and asked for her name, she already knew this was a place much grander than Suho and Kai's.