Need a Hand?

“You have been a great alliance to me, Jonghun,” Jiyong started, pacing back and forth inside his office with a tobacco. Accompanying him were Durus and at least five guards, and then more outside the door and the most standing in front of his gates. Sitting in a chair in front of his table was Kim Jonghun, sweating and shaking like how he usually was whenever he was in the same room as the mayor.

“T-Thank you, sir,” he stuttered.

Jiyong smiled. “Yes, a great alliance you are,” he said, “but not a loyal one.”

Jonghun kept his arms folded in front of him, fighting the urge to fumble with his fingers. “W-What?”

“You see, I have a lot of eyes wandering around the city and they told me something about you that I’m not entirely happy about.”

Jonghun looked around the room nervously. “What is it?” he dared to ask.

Jiyong took a puff and stopped in front of his table, looking grand with his hair slicked back and his suit all crisp and clean. He placed a hand inside his pocket as he took another puff of smoke. “You told those kids about us, didn’t you?”

Jonghun’s eyes widened. “I-”

Jiyong raised a brow.

“I…” He sighed, giving up. “I didn’t have a choice.”

“Why, that’s not true!” Jiyong said, grinning. “Everybody has a choice, and you chose to tell them the truth. How do you think Hyerin managed to do this to me?”

Jonghun slowly lifted his head up, only to see Jiyong pointing at his face and showing the big scar running diagonally from his temple down to his jaw.

“This scar will be here forever.”

“I-I’m so sorry!” Jonghun exclaimed. “I’m so sorry! It won’t happen again!”

“I can’t accept your apology, Mr. Kim. I’m afraid I'll have to punish you,” he said in a pity voice. “You remember, don’t you?”

Jonghun’s eyes rounded. “What!? No! No, please not Kai! Please don’t hurt him! I want to spend my remaining days with my son!”

“Really?”

“Yes! I can’t live without him!”

“You can’t live without him?” Jiyong asked in mockery. “Why, of course you can! I’ll show you, you’ll see.”

“W-What?” Jonghun asked, unsure of what he meant.

“I didn’t say anything about killing Kai, Mr. Kim,” Jiyong said a matter-of-factly. “Unlike you, I stay true to my word.”

Jonghun held his breath for a second before releasing a sigh. “O-Oh.”

“But I didn’t say I couldn’t kill you.”

“Wha-”

Bang.

Gunshot.

---

“Are they coming?” Suho asked, glancing at his wristwatch before tapping his foot nervously and looking around M-LX’s parking lot.

“They should be,” Luhan said, standing in between Agent Zero and Agent M who were also waiting for the others to arrive.

“Patience, kids,” Agent M said. “Our agents at the airport already confirmed their arrival an hour ago and they’ll be here sooner or later.”