Big Step

Kai slammed Hyerin face down on the mat.

Hyerin squirmed out of his grip to no avail. He chuckled at her failed attempt and pressed his knee against the small of her back to prevent her from getting up.

"I win this time," he laughed.

"This is ridiculous!" she exclaimed, annoyed. "That's your third win in a row. Who would even get past your teleportation, really?" She sighed, frustrated. "This is so unfair."

Kai laughed even harder as he let go of her wrists. They both collapsed on the mat wearily. "You know, you can actually beat me. You're just so..."

"So what?"

"So temperamental," Kai said, hiding the grin on his face with his hands. Hyerin punched him in the arm.

"Ow! See what I'm talking about!?" he laughed.

"Kai is right, Hyerin," Agent Zero, who was sitting on a desk a few feet away from the sparring mat, said. "You really need to work on that temper of yours before it leads to your disadvantage," he added, sipping on his coffee.

Hyerin scoffed and brushed away a lock of hair from her face. "Yeah, yeah," she drawled, sitting up. Beside her, Kai snickered silently.

"What?" she demanded with an attitude, despite the smile that was creeping up on her face.

"You need to loosen up, you know," he said, scooting closer to her. "You're always losing your cool. It's like you're mad ninety-nine percent of the time."

"Well, maybe that's because I am," she shrugged, looking up at Kai.

"Yeah right," he sighed, tugging a strand of her hair playfully. "No one is angry all the time. You're just too uptight. That's all it is."

Hyerin laughed, startled. "What is this, Kim Jongin? Is this a serious conversation? Are we actually having a serious conversation?"

Kai smiled knowingly. "I guess we are."

"Psh," she scowled, pursing her lips.

"Do that again."

"Do what again?"

"That thing you did just now."

"What thing?"

"That thing," he said, smile turning devious. "When you pouted."

She rolled her eyes. "You are so stupid."

"What? It was cute, do it again." He reached out to her face and squeezed the corners of her lips together. The result was comical and made Kai double over in laughter.

She slapped his hand away. "Quit it, ass! I'm going to punch you!" she exclaimed. "And ew, don't touch my face like that ever again. Did you even wash your hands?"

"Aww, don't be such a wuss. Just one time, come on," he said, pinching her cheek.

"Stop. I'm not a baby, you son of a-" she pushed his hand away, "-bitch!"

Kai locked her in a loose chokehold to piss her off even more and laughed and laughed and laughed. "You are such a hot-headed loser."

"And you're a stupid, immature jerk," she retorted, folding her arms and refusing to look at the boy. She wanted to twist his arm but thought otherwise since he would probably just teleport to get away.

Kai gave her a lazy grin and pinched her nose to aggravate her further. "Take it easy," he said, ignoring Agent Zero's uncomfortable stare since they started their little quarrel.