Human

If being stuck in a quiet room with a brooding teacher and a bunch of strangers wasn't the most dreadful thing that could ever happen to a student, she didn't know what was.

Hyerin was slumped in her chair, staring off into nothing. She just received her third detention of the school year. She didn't remember it being this boring, and maybe that was because she was with the other guys during her second detention. She remembered them playing tricks on the teacher supervising them, with Kai teleporting behind the teacher while the latter wasn't looking, or when Tao stopped time to place the cup of coffee on the desk a little closer to the teacher so when he moved his hand, the coffee toppled over and spilled all over his suit.

She chuckled at the memory, earning a few glances from the students with her inside the room.

Hyerin raised an eyebrow at them, daring them to say something, to which they just bowed their heads and focused their attention elsewhere.

She raised her chin up in content, sharing eye contact with Hyeseul at the corner of the classroom. She presumed the she-devil was staring at her since the start of detention, seeing that the fixated glare on her face didn't even waver when they met gazes.

Hyerin stuck her tongue out to irritate the brunette further.  She was the one who got her into detention after all.

It was just a normal Tuesday morning for Hyerin during her P.E. class when Hyeseul decided that maybe throwing dodge balls at her was a mighty fine idea. Hyerin, as per usual, got pissed. So what did that lead to? The janitor finding Hyeseul trapped in a locker for an hour.

Both were in offense, so both got detention.

Hyeseul was the first to break their eye contact. She ripped a piece of paper from her notebook to scribble on violently. Hyerin, on the other hand, fished out her phone when she felt it vibrate inside her skirt pocket. She was surprised to see it was Kyungsoo who texted her.

From: cooking mama lol

suho told me to text you even though he can obviously do it himself.

anyway he says to come eat dinner with us at home

I cooked

Sent: Feb. 11, 2013, 3:19 PM

She pressed 'Reply'.

To:  cooking mama lol

K

Sent: Feb. 11, 2013, 3:19 PM

"Who're you texting?"

Hyerin jumped when Chanyeol leaned towards her to take a look at her phone. She moved back, pushing the boy's face away from her.

Right. She almost forgot Chanyeol was there with her.

"Shush!" She glanced up to see if the teacher was looking. She wasn't.

Hyerin still couldn't understand why Chanyeol was there in the first place. What's even weirder was that it was intentional. Once he learned that Hyerin was going to detention before dismissal, he punched a random kid in the hallway to join her.

She knew Chanyeol wasn't the smartest person out there, but this was way overboard. In his defense, he said that there might be attackers within the detention room, and that no one was there to protect her.

And to think that being an agent under M-LX would make him a tad more mature. Oh, how wrong she was about that.

A paper ball landed on Hyerin's desk. She looked up and saw it came from Hyeseul's direction. Reluctantly, she opened it.