Just a Bunch of Kids

Sehun burst inside one of M-LX's hospital rooms, eyes glistening with tears.

"Hyung!" he screamed, running towards Kai's hospital bed. "Oh my god, are you okay!?"

Kai raised a brow at the boy, watching him cling to his arm for dear life. "Sehun, I'm fi-"

"Jesus, I thought you were going to die!" he exclaimed. "I thought you weren't going to make it!"

"Someone please get him off me," Kai pleaded, turning to his friends that were filing inside the room.

"Let go of him, buddy," Chanyeol said, pulling him away from the teleporter. Sehun's lower lip jutted out as he sulkily went back to the end of the room with Chanyeol.

"You guys are all here," Kai chuckled, still lying on the bed in his hospital gown with a blanket over him. "This is quite touching."

"Except for Xiumin," Lay said. "I think he's running some errands."

Suho went to his side, placing a hand on his shoulder. "How are you feeling?"

"Never been better," he assured. "Since Lay healed me pretty quickly, they didn't need to do much work on me, so I'm fine." He grinned, while Suho ruffled the top of his head. He turned to look at the others, but then his eyes found Hyerin's and his smile faltered.

The girl's face fell as she noticed the obvious change in the boy's expression. She slowly walked towards his bed and watched as his head lowered.

"Is something the matter?" she asked worriedly.

"I-" he stuttered. "I'm just happy you're okay."

"Well it sure doesn't look like it!" she scoffed, lightly pushing the boy. "Seriously, Kai. What's going on?"

"No. It's nothing," he mumbled, looking up at them once again. "It's just that Lucy told me something."

"Well," Baekhyun shrugged, "what is it?"

"She told us to watch out," he said quietly, watching their faces harden. "She said that there's something coming up. She even told me to just quit M-LX because people we would much rather leave unharmed will end up getting involved in this mess."

He sighed, running a hand through his dark locks. "She knows about M-LX," he said lastly.

Everyone quieted down with sullen expressions.

"We were too careless," Kris muttered, breaking the silence. "We never knew if we killed every one of our enemies. For all we know some of them must have survived and told whoever's behind this that there are people like us trying to prevent them from doing what they do."

"That, or someone's spying on us," Suho added. "It's true that we clean up our mess afterwards to leave no traces of our existence whatsoever but is that the enough?"

"Hey, remember that big guy with Lucy in that warehouse?" Chanyeol asked, folding his arms and tilting his head in wonder. "Maybe he has something to do with this."

"Obviously he does," Tao replied. "But is he simply just Lucy's sidekick?"

"No. No he's not," Chen spoke up, eyes concentrated down on the ground as he recalled the events of their mission.

He snapped his fingers, finally figuring it out. "The nightcrawlers. The nightcrawlers were with him inside that room. He must be the one behind that robbery a while back during our first mission."
"It seems like it." Lay nodded, placing an index finger on his lower lip. "They must be planning something together, although I have no clue what that could be."