Part of the Truth

Hyerin's breath hitched as the tall figure of her father materialized from the double doors.

"Dad?" she called shakily. "W-What are you...what are you doing here?"   

He softened as he turned to her daughter. "I'm sorry, love. I'll explain everything at home. But for now," his gaze hardened when he turned to the other man, "we shall clear things up with Agent Zero, yes?"

"Agent M, what is the meaning of this? I thought your association with M-LX was to be kept a secret as to your request?" Zero asked, baffled.

"Yes. Until I saw my daughter being dragged around in chains."

Zero looked away in shame. "I did not intend-"

"Never mind," Myungjae waved off. "Now is not the time to revel on that, agent. What matters right now is Hyerin and these boys."

Agent Zero collapsed down on his chair, rubbing his forehead. "I don't think you know what this situation is about."

"Oh, I know, agent. I think you're forgetting that this was originally my ex-wife's mission," he let out a low chuckle as he tossed Zero a big fat folder. "Read that. Then maybe you'll understand," he said, tucking his hands inside his pockets. "Now if it's not too much to ask, please release Hyerin. It is not a very pleasant sight to see my own daughter in such a state."

Immediately, the guards punched in the code for the handcuffs. It lit into a green color before freeing her arms completely. She shook her wrists to relieve the stiffness.

"I'm sorry for the trouble this place has given everybody. Before anything, I am Agent M, head weapon specialist of M-LX," he said. "I know some of you might still be in shock. It is completely understandable with the sudden turn of events, but I will waste no time. M-LX, as what they have told you, deals with extreme and dangerous situations that occur in our country from unknown regions. And what I mean by unknown regions, regions that are not exclusively from our planet."

Everybody's eyes widened. "Not from our planet?" Kyungsoo frowned, not sure if he heard right.

"Yes. We've been dealing with these kind of things for decades now. Not only supernatural beings, but also organizations like mafias and drug cartels that pose real threats to our community. We do pretty much everything."

"Wait. Did you just say supernatural beings? Like, aliens and shit?" Xiumin asked in disbelief.

Myungjae nodded. "Sure."

"Can't our government forces just take care of stuff like that? And shouldn't we be seeing you on T.V. or at least heard about you if you've been dealing with these so-called outer region forces?" Tao questioned skeptically.

Myungjae chuckled. "The government wouldn't be able to handle what we've been taking care of. We never expose ourselves to the public and usually we deal with cases before anyone could even notice it was there in the first place. Heck, the government doesn't even know there's an organization like us taking care of shit for them."

Kai paled. "How?"

"Technology. You have no idea what we've come up with for the past several years."

"That's impossible," Suho mumbled.

"Why us though?" Kris asked, brows furrowing.

"Why you?"

"Why us? What do we have to do with this?"

"Yeah." Baekhyun nodded. "I don't see how we can be a part of something like this. We're nothing special. We're just...kids," he said, while the others hummed their agreement. They really were just a bunch of teenagers. Just kids who did stupid things. That's all they ever knew.