We Run the Night

Before they knew it, it was already Friday and Xiumin was already dragging them downtown.

"What is this place?" Chen asked, cringing at the amount of people.

"Welcome to the URBAN folks! Only the best underground club there is!" Xiumin exclaimed over the loud music.

Located at a well-hidden part of downtown Seoul, URBAN was one of the most popular Hip-Hop clubs in the city. The place was a worn-out warehouse on the outside, but completely different inside - very spacious, walls covered in graffiti and dimly lit with strobe lights. It was jam-packed with people dancing to the inhumanely loud trap music. They were seemingly oblivious to the heavy smoke that filled the air.

The teenagers squeezed themselves inside with Xiumin leading them beside the bar.

"Is this place even legal?" Hyerin questioned, coughing slightly. "Ugh, and it smells like weed in here. Why do you even go to this place, Xiumin?"

"What? It's really fun! The bouncer doesn't give a shit even if there are underage kids inside."

"My worries exactly."

"But hey, the atmosphere is awesome, right?" he said, bobbing his head to the music.

"Not really my type of crowd," Hyerin said, judgingly eyeing a couple grinding against each other. "So you go here often?"

"Oh not only me, silly!" Xiumin chuckled. "The others do, too," he said, pointing to the rest of the boys.

"Really?" Hyerin exclaimed in surprise, looking towards the others. "Are you saying you've all been here?"

Xiumin laughed out loud. "Aww, you're so cute, Hyerinnie. Of course! Well, except for Chen and Luhan, I think. Chanyeol and I hang out here almost every week, sometimes Kris and D.O. tag along. Lay, Kai, and Sehun go here for dance battles. Every Thursday there are special genre performers, like Baekhyun for instance. I didn't even know it was him until this M-LX crap happened! His band rocks the shit out of the crowd!" he laughed. "Oh, and Suho and Tao come frequently, too."

Hyerin stared incredulously at Xiumin.

"Even you, Suho?" she asked the boy beside her.

Suho rubbed the back of his neck shyly. "Well, yeah. I come here sometimes when Kai convinces me to watch him in his dance battles," he said, smiling at Hyerin.

"What in the world...?" She didn't even know Suho and Kai knew each other outside of M-LX in the first place.

Before she could question this, the music stopped abruptly. Instead of the crowd having a violent negative reaction, they were screaming and cheering, fists pumping up in the air.

"What's going on?" Hyerin asked.

Xiumin smirked. "You'll see."

"Let me hear you scream!" the DJ situated at the tall platform yelled. The crowd obliged. "You all know what time it is!"

The music came back, but instead of trap music, the speakers blasted hard-hitting hip-hop. The people continued to cheer as they backed away to form a small circle in the middle of the dance floor.

As if on cue, a short, slightly muscular boy covered in tattoos stepped inside the circle. He was wearing a tank top, a pair of camouflage khakis and a snapback. He didn't waste time and started dancing right then and there.

After a couple of moments, he ended his show with a chest pump, making the people scream louder. All the while, he had a smug look on his face.

"Yo, Kai!" Xiumin called. "Are we going to shut this shit down or what?"