GUTS (EXO)

PROLOGUE:

“Are you the FBI?” she questioned, glowering up at the man defensively.

“Negatory. We have much more importance than the FBI,” he said, amused with the look she gave him. “Agent Zero is the name.” He nodded once, his mouth set in a firm line. “Do not worry. We mean no harm.”

“Of course you don't,” she snarled. “Who are you people?”

“I believe you have been followed and ambushed by an anonymous attacker, yes?”

“Isn't that obvious enough already? Now tell me who you are before I break your neck,” she spat, advancing towards the man when his guards readily took out their guns, pointing it directly at her and Chen.

Chen frantically looked around. “Back off, woman, or we'll be dead!” he whispered harshly into her ear.

Hyerin scoffed. “Mean no harm, huh?”

“Put those down,” Agent Zero ordered sternly. At once, they lowered their weapons.

“We shall talk about this matter formally and I believe this is not the place to do so,” he said in a calm voice. “I must ask you to come with me to our headquarters to discuss this.”

“No," she declined immediately.

“I don’t think you are aware of how serious this situation is. You are in danger.”

“Of course I know this is serious. I was attacked with no apparent reason! That guy wanted me dead. And then you people came along meddling in.”

“We're here to help.”

“And you say that when your men were about to shoot me!” she growled. “What makes you think I can trust you?”

Agent Zero's eyes locked with hers, and as much as she hated to admit it, it sent shivers down her spine. “You have to understand that being trained by your mother for ten years is not enough for you to survive this thing you have been involved in.”

Hyerin's breath hitched; no one knew about that except for her brother. “In fact, this does not only revolve around you, but also your family, your friends, and as impossible as it sounds, the whole nation. We did not come here just to get that kidnapper's body. We came here for you. You need us,” he stepped closer to her, “and we need you.”

Hyerin gaped at him, her hold on Chen's arm loosening.

“What do you want from me?” she asked, voice cracking. 

“Your help.”