Boy Hunting II (continuation)

"Yo, what's up man!?"

Kris cringed at how loud the voice on the other line was. He put a distance between his phone and himself before placing it back against his ear.

"What do you want?"

"Dude, where are you? I've been looking for you for like, ten minutes already!"

He rolled his eyes, crossing his legs under the table and leaning back on the chair. "Can you please tone your voice down, Chanyeol? I can hear you perfectly fine without you shouting."

"Oh, oops. Sorry, man. I'm just so hyped up right now." Kris can practically hear the younger boy smile through the receiver. "So where are you?"

Kris sighed wearily, fingering the hard cover of the history book he was reading. Until, that is, Chanyeol decided to call. "At the library, studying."

"What!?" He was shouting again. "Of all the things you can do after school, you study?"

"What's it to you?"

"What's it to me? You're supposed to hang out with friends after school, not that studying BS."

He sighed. "Unlike you, I care about my grades. Maybe if you do the same you'll actually excel in something other than basketball."

"Damn you!" he feigned a hurt voice. "How could you say that? And here I thought you were my homie."

"Please just shut the hell up."

"So I was wondering," Chanyeol started. "Would you mind helping me out tomorrow night?"

Kris glared at the bookshelves in front of him. The boy was wasting his time. "I'm busy tomorrow."

"On a Friday night? You're kidding me, right?"

"I'm not."

"No, you are! Of course you are," Chanyeol said a matter-of-factly. "Now, tomorrow you'll be going with me to the Bistro Café to meet up with somebody real quick. And then we'll hang out after!"

He raised a brow. "Who are you meeting up with, exactly?"

"Oh, this girl I met. Just going to discuss some important matters between us."

"She's not pregnant, is she?"

"Wha-No! The hell's wrong with you!?"

"I'm not going. I have a history test on Monday and I'd rather waste my time studying for that," Kris said, looking out the tall window beside him. Students were being dismissed, and it wasn't going to be long before the library gets packed, too.

"C'mon, Krissy, stop being a such a kill-joy," he cooed.

"What the fuck did you just call me-"

"Please? Just come with me! We'll head to the arcade right away and then maybe get some boba after. Sound good?"

"You did not just call me that, Park Chanyeol."

"Oh, get over it Wufan! Just say yes and you can do whatever the hell you want!"

"No." Can't this guy just give him a break and let him study in peace?

"Look out the window, Krissy."

"Huh?" Puzzled, Kris did what he was told.

"What the-" he exclaimed, backing away from the window. There, leaning against the glass was no other than Chanyeol, making kissing faces at him.

The other students inside the library noticed the boy outside, snickering at the sight. It was not long before the librarian saw him as well.

"Stop, you fool! You look like a dumbass!" he hissed, burying his head into a book as if it'll hide his embarrassment.