Deceit

It was another busy night at the Bistro Café. Friday nights called for delicious European food and good wine to purge the usually stressful demands of the weekdays, and now that it was coming to an end, the café bustled with life.

Lay was distractedly wiping down table number three, constantly looking out the window in case his childhood friend was already outside. It was only 8:19, but considering that it was Hyerin, she would be arriving any minute now.

He went inside the kitchen to return the wet towel, taking a few glasses of water into a tray along the way for table number five.

Lay pushed the door with his back as he held the tray in one hand. He set the glasses on the table and assured the customers another server would come for their orders. He smiled and left, turning towards the entrance again to check if it was Hyerin who just arrived but was partially surprised to see his baseball-playing friend walking in through the door.

With furrowed eyebrows, he took off his apron and approached the boy. "Kai?"

Kai looked up. "Oh! Hey, man. I didn't know you had work on Fridays," he said, bumping fists with him. "How are you?"

"I'm alright. The café's pretty busy tonight though." He shrugged. "So what brings you to a place like this on a Friday night? C'mon, let's get out of here." He tossed his apron towards the bar and led Kai outside.

"You can say I have a date," the younger one said, grinning.

Lay rolled his eyes. "Figures."

"And sorry I haven't been going to dance practice. Baseball season's over though, so I pretty much have all the time in my hands now."

"You better or you'll get your ass kicked out," Lay warned, half joking. "But there's something strange going on. Every morning when I drop by the dance studio, it's already unlocked when usually I'm always the first-" Lay stopped himself as two boys in knit sweaters walked towards their direction.

"Wait. Isn't that ZiTao, the wushu guy?" he asked, leaning closer to see clearly.

Kai squinted at them. "Oh, yeah! And that hipster dude. Was it Baekhyun, his name?"

"Huh. That's strange. Why would they be here?"

"Gay, maybe? They seem to be on a date."

They looked at each other and shrugged.

Lay and Kai bowed to them when the pair also noticed their presence. They bowed in return.

"Oh! 'Sup, prez," Tao greeted as Suho arrived, still in his school uniform.

"What a coincidence! Hello, ZiTao. Baekhyun." He nodded. Suho turned to the side and saw the other two. "Oh hey, Lay! And Kai, what are you doing here?"

"What the hell!?" Coming from the right sidewalk, Chanyeol coolly sauntered towards the group, Kris tailing behind him with the same look of surprise as everyone. "What are you all doing here?" the brown-haired boy asked, confused.

"Hyung! What's up–oh." The youngest of all halted in his steps once he saw the crowd. "Um, hey," Sehun mumbled, looking confused.

Not too long, Luhan, Chen, and Xiumin had also arrived all at the same time from different directions. At this rate, everyone was confused.

"Whoah, what's up with all the Yeongnam students here? Wassup, wassup," Xiumin greeted, specifically high-fiving Chanyeol, Kai, and Kris. "Is this like, the newest hang out place or something? Better tell me so I can spread the news."

"Yeah, why is everyone here? Don't people go here for dates or something?" Chanyeol said. "Like, I'm pretty sure not all of us can get dates."

"Well, I'm here for a date." Kai shrugged.