Chapter Thirty Nine

Pregnant. I am pregnant. I wipe my tears. Tears if joy. My hands instantly held on my tummy.

Hello Valerie Maegan.

I immediately drive myself to Mayo Clinic to make sure my baby is healthy.

God! I've been so careless for a month! The nutrients of my baby!

I inhaled and exhaled. This is bad for my baby girl. I needed to relax, forget about it, and keep calm.

My co-doctor check me up. She said I was five weeks pregnant. I did not know I was. There was no baby bump.

I had a little flow of blood this month. Ugh! I am a doctor but I did not even know that was spotting already!

Tears of joy instantly fell when I hear her heartbeat, and saw her.

I love you my baby.

Happy, I went to the Church to Thank God.

I thanked him, talked to him, asking for an advice if I should tell Vince about it.

Would he believe it is his? I little voice in my mind said.

I sit down and held my tummy. So what if he does not? I will still love my baby girl.

I know this is crazy, but maybe Vince had brainwashed me about having a girl already.

If I told Vince about it...

Will he be happy to know it? I sighed. I needed time to decide.

Today is my fourth day in Mayo Clinic. So far so good and I'm loving the place. I was included in research department too. In my past practices I had been always curious with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrom--PCOS--a reason why I had done a lot of reports about it and continued researching about it.

I wanted to help couples have their kids, just like the way I had mine. I caressed my tummy a little and smiled. I might not feel her yet but I know one day I will.

---

Katherine had been hard headed. I've been away for three days, needing some time alone. She then met Zac and his kids.

While she was busy sneaking out, little did she knew she was being followed by Lyra.

I worried and hurriedly go to Zach's place and get mad.

But most of my anger was because of loathing myself. For Monique cannot forgive me.

I spend the day wit her, sitting beside each other I saw her frowning.

"What is it?" I asked.

She shook her head in reply. "Nothing. I just need to see a doctor again to continue my medication. I remembered I have an appointment today" She said.

"I'll be with you then" I simply answered.

Katherine was almost shot yesterday as she was about to enter Zach's place. They already saw the red light on her head. They were too late.

But we did not know what happened why she didn't.

We just sighed in relief, as they try to figure out why.

We arrived at Mayo Clinic and my heart beats fast.

She works here. She will be hurt again to see me with Katherine.