Chapter Twenty Five

FREE and EDITED Version is up on Radish! It's on Chapter 33 Now. XOXO!

Chapter Twenty Five

I was crying the whole ride, shaking in fear.

No, not again.

The last time I heard those words, David died.

I can't... I just can't let him leave me.

Just the thought of losing Vince was giving me an excruciating pain.

One of his guards called mom telling her about the accident. That Vince was almost on the finish line when something in his car suddenly ignite the fire.

That was all we knew.

I am afraid. What if...

"Darling calm down." Mom said, running her hands through my hair.

But I know mom was just trying to ease the pain.

Living without Vince?

I sobbed harder.

The moment we entered the hospital Mom was talking to someone but I cannot comprehend. I can hear nothing but my tears.

We reached the top floor together, and there was nothing but a one room in it.

The hallway is all white, the two doors to the only room was colored black.

I walked towards it, shaking in fear.

I twist on the knob and my tears go full blast.

"Vince!" I cried harder running towards him, my hands scratching over his white shirt as I hug him on the chest.

He is alive. He lived.

He has small bruises on the face and a transmitter of oxygen on his nose.

"You scared her." Mom said, walking beautifully.

"I told her you were fine but she just don't want to believe not until she sees you personally."

------

I looked down on Monique, she was soaking my shirt with her tears. The moment she entered my room I saw her puffy red eyes. Damn. That's why I did not want to call her.

The moment she attacked me and hugged me I felt a little pain because of my bruises but her warm hug did made me feel a lot better.

"Mom, I told you not to tell her." I rolled my eyes.

"She was with me, what do you expect?" Mom reasoned.

I brushed her hair up and down, she was not yet done crying.

"Shh. Honey. Look at me."

But she didn't.

I forced her head up, but she did not look at me. Instead, she wiped away all her tears and looked away.

I held her waist in one hand, not letting her go. I was feeling weak, but seeing her made me smile.

"I'll go out and leave a statement, you better be good at her Timothy." Mom warned. When I was a kid, I know I did something really bad when she calls me Timothy.

"Why are you smiling?" She growled, making me laugh.

"You look cute." I said, playfully touching her nose with my finger.

She breathed hard and looked at me. "Will you not do that again? What if you were hurt? What if you were not able to go out of that car? Why wasn't it safe? What kind of car is that huh? What... What i-if y-you die?"