Chapter Twenty Seven

FREE and EDITED Version is up on Radish! It's on Chapter 33 Now. XOXO!
Chapter Twenty Seven

There is something wrong. I know.

Vince had been going home late for the past three days....

And now he said he has an important business meeting to attend into and he cannot let me go with him.

He did not want to tell me about it, maybe it was a hard business thing that I might not understand.

I've been reading on business magazines at my office whenever I have a spare time. I just wanted to have a little background about it so I will be able to understand him more.

I guess it is hard to be a businessman's wife.

I had my rounds today. I just help three women to give birth in three consecutive days.

I was on my way towards my office when I saw Mark.

I wanted to go back and not talk to him so Vince will not have to do something to him but that will be cruel.

"Hi Mark. What are you doing here?" I gave him a small smile.

"I visited you." He simply said. "I just came home from Africa and on my way to Asia next week."

Oh. Next week.

"Where?" I asked.

"Philippines. I had another convention at the country."

"Oh I will be going there too." And it was too late for me to bite my tongue to refrain myself from saying it.

"Really?" He excitedly beamed. "Are you with Vince?"

He did not even ask first why or where, that could have been easier to answer.

"Err... No. He had a business meeting to attend into."

"Oh." A glowing smile was painted on his face.

"We have a private plane exclusive for doctors. You can join us if you want to, we have a room for one more."

Mark is really kind.

"I wanted too but I already booked a flight already. I'm sorry." He nodded and smiled. "I can bring you to the place you're going then ? We have a shuttle and maybe I'm free on the day of your arrival."

I looked at him and smiled. "I'm okay. Don't worry Mark. My friend had all the accommodations done. I will be fine."

He nodded. "I'll call you when you arrive okay?"

I nodded and smile. "Thank you for your kindness Mark. I don't want to be rude but I am married now." I said.

He held my left and hand looked at it. "You have no ring Monique." He said, in as a matter of fact tone.

"If I am your husband I will give you the largest diamond. The one that will make me broke. Damn. That's what you deserve."

---

I stared blankly at the window. It was night and I am all alone. "Why did I have no ring?"

I shook my head and smiled. "Crazy Monique. So what if you have no ring? You have Vince with you."

I sat down on the edge of the bed and opened my laptop.

I opened my Skype and called Vince.

He answered my call and I saw him wearing a white shirt, taking a bite of his food.

I pouted as I look at him. "I miss you." I said.