Chapter Forty

Chapter Forty

I immediately called Alex the moment I had a chance. Damn! This story was getting crazy and getting serious.

If Katherine had been under that doctor for a long time then this had been well planned, very well planned. except for Jeanne's amnesia maybe.

I called Alex, telling him the new information I just go. "Damn. The case is getting harder and harder. There were a lot of traps, how are we going to get through this?" He frustratedly said.

"Dude how long will this take?" I asked, impatient for this to end.

I needed to be with her. I needed to woo her. I needed to do something even before the damn doctor gets her!

"Dude we are doing our best, but right now all evidences are only until Lyra. Nothing more. These cases are too huge to be done by one person. You have to stick with Katherine. If you wouldn't she will not opt to for the guards, she will be an easy prey. "

Fuck. I need a substitute! Why can't just Jeanne wake up from his damn amnesia!

"Dude, this is too much. My wife needs me too. This is too much show. From the newspaper to our personal lives. I wanted to be out of it, but I can't" I sighed.

"Katherine's pregnant." I said.

"Whoa! Dude! Don't you dare tell me about how you did it."

Fuck this man. I will behead him.

"The baby is not mine!" I roared.

He chuckled. "I know. Sorry for ruining your moment. Continue dude."

"I wanted to back out Alex..."

"But the baby." He said, continuing my sentence. "You are worried with the baby. You cannot just leave Kathy and the baby all open and no one to protect. You always have that hero-istic bone on yours."

He just said everything I wanted. I sighed. This just keep on being wrong and wrong each day.

"Dude. Give me a week. After that I will help you chasing Monique. If you want we can kidnap her. I have connections."

Kidnap? Hmmm. That sounds inviting.

---

I'm on my way to Vince's house. Should I be surprise that they live together? I guess not.

She paid the services of my whole week. I did not want to at first, but she doubled my hospital pay.

How lucky can she be? Affording my professional fees, even doubling them without making her broke.

And as for me, I needed the money for my little one.

I walked on the gates of Forbes, the guards are questioning, as their standard operating procedures.

I breathed hard before starting to walk.

This will be a long walk Valerie. You have to bear with momma. We needed money baby.

Momma wants to buy a cute little onesies for you honey or perhaps momma could buy from thrift store, that will be less costly.

I sighed but then knowing I will have this little one with me after a few months made me excited.

I smiled and caressed my tummy and almost jumped with the sound of horn behind me.

I saw a familiar Porsche. It's 911.