PROLOGUE

This story is now on FicFun. You can read the FREE and WHOLE STORY there!

Here's the prologue y'all!

Captivating the Uncrowned Prince

I am sitting on the same chair, drinking the same whisky, at the same club and remembering that night. It wasn't a special day, there were a few inside Cielo. The sound was loud, people were making out, the dance floor was half full, everyone was happy-except me.

Today is her wedding day. I bet she is the most beautiful bride, she called me last night but I did not answer, what she didn't knew was I was in the same hotel where she checked in. I was ready to plead her not to marry that prince. She barely know her for God's sake!

But I know she is stubborn...plus the fact that hurting me was never her option.

When I saw her here that day, I know, she was the one I wanted to marry. She was not the Humphrey Grumpy that I love to bully, she was Katherine Humphrey, the woman who stole my heart.

She was too drunk to even recognize me that night. All she was saying is that she has to celebrate because she let go of the man he loves. I am happy I saw her that night, she was too drunk! Someone might took advantage of her in case I got a little late.

I smiled as I reminisce...maybe I'll just love her from afar.

Today she will be tied with the jerk prince who plays with woman. He doesn't have a good reputation and I don't trust him. He will just make my Kathy sad...and the moment he does, I will get her and put her away from his sorry ass. One chance. Just one chance.

I tilt my head towards the other end of the bar, there, sitting at the same chair where I first saw Katherine was a woman drinking all alone.

I observed her, she was not a sober. She kept on running her hands through her hair, her shoulders fell and she was about to sleep at any point. She's wearing a simple sleeveless white top and a black tight leather jeans partnered with black stilettos. Did somebody just died?

I observed her from a far. She asked for another shot of tequila for one, two, three times then a man approached him. A black man who will clearly not do anything good. I'm not being a racist, but while he talks with her, he was putting a drug on her glass.

I stood up and grabbed his shoulder. "Excuse me, do you need anything to my girl?" I wanted to laugh, did I just called this crazy woman my girl?

The man tensed and immediately leave us alone, then the woman suddenly hugged me and fell asleep.

I sighed. Katherine did that too the first time we met.

-------------

Today was his second death anniversary. I looked at the ring on my hand. We were supposed to be married, but three days before our marriage a drunk truck driver hit his cars and looked like a crumpled paper.

The greatest mistake of my life was waiting up until our wedding night. Damn those virtues! I should have at least had his child in me. It might lessen the pain.

I was sitting on the bar inside Cielo. I did this too last year. I just wanted to drink and forget everything. I hate this day very much! I hope it does not exist!

I took another shot of Tequila. I miss him. I miss David.

He was a doctor too, a surgeon to be exact. We've been together for two years and we've decided to marry immediately because we fit perfectly. He was a careful driver but because of some bastard he died...he died.

I wiped my tears away. His last words for me was "I love you Monique. I will guide you up there...I-I want you to open your heart...and fall in love again baby" and after those words he died.

I hired the best lawyer in town. I want that man to be in jail forever! It was never enough. Never enough.

David was the first man in my life, he was nothing but a gentleman, kind-hearted and loving man. He could be a saint...and in just a snap he was gone.

I drink up again. I know I reached my limits, but I do not care. I want to forget this day. I want to die too!

A black man then approached me. "You all alone sweetie?" he asked. I looked up at him, "Leave me alone please" I said and drink again. God help me I'm feeling dizzy.

"My name is Nick, can I have your beautiful name?" Ugh. I don't want to stand and walk away because I was too drunk. I think the moment I stood up I'll fall. I don't want to fall in the hands of this bastard. I breathed hard. I can do this. I should go now.

But before I can, I saw a white man approaching us. "Excuse me, do you need anything to my girl?" he said, the black man named Nick tensed and walked away hurrying.

That was when I stood up...and didn't know what happened next.