CHAPTER THREE

The FREE AND EDITED VERSION of this story is posted in Radish.

Radish will always be two chapters advance ;) Again it's for FREE.

P.S. RADISH IS ON CHAPTER SEVEN ALREADY

CHAPTER THREE

He left me in his room. I was still catching for my breath, still in my birthday suit. What did I just plan to do?

I was willing to give a stranger myself and he was almost ready to take me. Did I feel awkward? I do not know why! But No! I don't feel awkward at all!

I grabbed his shirt from the floor. Our clothes are all sprawled in the floor and I didn't mind picking it up.

He has a problem...

and maybe I could help.

I saw him on his mini bar, drinking again. I've been in the bar for a week, drowning myself to death and I saw him every time, sitting alone and thinking deeply. He looks miserable, unhappy, uncontended.

I grabbed a glass and sat beside him, not waiting for an invitation.

We were silent at first. I was waiting for him to do the talk, or maybe he was doing the same.

In a little while he breathed hard and started, "She is my best friend. My beautiful, angelic face, trying to be cold-hearted best friend..."

"But what people do not know is that she was supporting a lot of charity. She has a kind heart that was stoned by a stupid man who slept with his ex-girlfriend." He chuckled bitterly.

"I thought his loss will be my gain. I saw how miserable she was, and without doing anything, I turned head over heels with her... I waited for years, looking for a right time." He said, playing with his liquor.

"And for what I thought the "right time" I proposed but she...refused. Now she married a man she knew for months. Damn that."

He heaved out a sigh and drink again before speaking. "I wish I just took advances at her, right then and there maybe she's now married with me because I impregnated her."

I chuckled at him and drink mine, bottoms up. "I guess we both have heart problems?" I laughed, didn't know why I did, "Let me tell you mine." I said and tapped my glass down.

"Three days before my wedding my fiancée died." I started.

"I've been telling everybody that I am okay, not showing them reason to pity on me. I was giving them nothing but smiles, laughing with them. But I've been mourning inside, missing him, every single day of my life. Only his mom knows how much I am hurting. I've cried river over her mom's shoulder. I am weak woman, I admit that, but for David, I became strong..."

I breathed deeply, suppressing the tears that I am feeling. "I composed myself after I knew what happened then filed a suit against the truck driver. I won on that, and he will be jailed in his whole lifetime." I weakly said.

"But it wasn't enough. It will never be enough."

"I just knew he will die, I should have done something so I will have a little him in me." I softly said.

David is my ideal guy. He is gentleman, with nothing but pure intentions with me. He's not the campus heartthrob nor the basketball team's ace player. He was just a simple man. A simple man with a big heart.

Vince looked at me before hugging me tight. It wasn't the heat of his body that I felt, but the warmth that pinched my heart. That someone has understand my lost, that finally, I opened up the wounds of the past.

For it to heal...

------------

There was a big space in my mind that tells me that "I have to fix her".

I wiped her tears away and brushed her hair before leaping her in my arms and putting her to bed. Having her in my arms feels as good as Katherine in my arms.

She slept on my chest, when I heard her breathing became even I've remembered Katherine again.

Katherine changed me, from being an immature heartbreaker to a man with a heart.

And one thing that I wanted in return was her to be mine. To be Katherine Humphrey- Spencer.

Loving another woman will be hard for me.

And right now, all I can think of is when that prince and my Katherine will be over.

----

I woke up on the same strange bed again, feeling another buzzing pain on my head. Accidentally, I looked over the bedside table, only to see a glass of water, an advil, and a note.

Drink this. I've left food on the microwave. Wear the dress I bought. Lock the door when you leave.

He's bossy isn't he? I rushed out of bed with a smile on my face. It was good to finally tell someone what I am feeling. It was like giving up a big luggage that I have been carrying for a long time.

Another week has passed. I stopped going to Cielo. I've decided that it is time to let go.

After opening the wounds of the past, I've thought it is time to move forward, to move with my life.

I continued working on a public general hospital. I've been actually receiving a lot of offers, being a graduate of Harvard has perks, but David always wanted to be in public hospitals, helping the patients instead of billing them.

"Doc, ER has buzzed in, Mrs. Ludwig bled." Mrs. Ludwig is a twenty four year old lady, she's on her second child, but sadly, I guess she will lose it again. She has a severe case of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome--PCOS. I hate to admit it but she will need a big miracle to have a baby.

I'm an Obstetrician-Gynecologist. For a long time, I've been involved in researches for cures about PCOS and Ovarian Cancer. Hopefully two to three years from now we will be able to test the prototype and finally end the suffering of women who wanted to carry a child.

I rushed to the emergency room, seeing Mrs. Ludwig on one table. She is with her husband, pain was all over her face,

But not only that,

I was surprised to see who was on the other table.

It is Vince.... Unconscious Vince.