Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

I wasn't wrong. Davy, the little boy, was David's. Aubrey was the woman in David's stag party. She admitted that she drugged him, because David didn't want to sleep with her.

David was offering her money. She accepted that. But she needed more.

So under a bet with my thought "David's friends" that she will be able to make him sleep with her, she got the money.

And after three months, she knew she was pregnant.

She didn't know where to go. She has a mom dying with cancer, and there she is, carrying a baby.

She wasn't really a prostitute, but a stripper.

But due to need of money, she was willing to give herself.

She wasn't an expert in that field, but she didn't want to get pregnant, but when she knew she was already, she decided to keep the baby.

"Struggles. A lot of them. My mom died of cancer. I didn't know any relatives of D-David. I was really about to give him to the social workers..." She sighed, tears forming on her eyes.

"Five months ago. One cold night, I was walking on the street,the snow was falling, and I haven't eaten with my sister, the landlord just kicked us out of the house... That was when Rebecca find me... And she helped me."

"She brought me home with Davy and my sister. That was how I saw David's picture. She didn't want to believe me...and we conducted tests. After two months we had confirmed it."

I shivered as I looked back at the little boy who was playing legos. He was his. He was his son.

"Today I will be leaving him with Rebecca. I have to continue life and work again...for my sister"

I felt pain in her voice. She didn't want to live the child, but she cannot afford to raise him. "I told her I was willing to finance her studies" Rebecca said, looking straight at me.

She was looking at me like she wanted to know what will I say on this.

I am no saint. I am mad about it before hearing the story.

But looking at Aubrey and her sister... They needed help.

I am lucky to be born in the family of doctors. Money is never a problem.

But with Aubrey... It was different.

I smiled at Rebecca and nodded. "I agree to that." I said and hold Aubrey's hand.

"We were said when David passed away... He was the only son. Pictures were the only memories... But Davy... He is a living memory of David. We never thought we will see a little him."

I looked at Aubrey and smiled at her. Rebecca held her other hand, and spoke "You are young. You can go back to school. We will give you financial support to start a new life...with your sister. But please, let Davy be with us, maybe until after you graduate.. I'm old... I just want to spend time with my...grandson"

Tears stream down Aubrey's face as she hugged us both. Whispering her gratitude for the help we are offering her.

-----

I was busy for a week. I was on leave for two weeks now, busy buying Davy of the toys he like, new clothes, shoes, ipad, toy car and all.

I was feeling like he was mine.

Aubrey started to look for the school she'll be in. We enrolled her sister in a school with a dormitory and paid everything.

I've been sleeping on Rebecca's house, baking cookies at night, or even making cake. Turkeys were served almost every night. We've been really catching up for the lost moments.

Sometimes, Rebecca let me read story of Davy until he falls asleep. Just like today.

Whenever I look at him, I was imagining, "In case we had our own baby, will he look like Davy?" I smiled and pulled up his comforter and kissed his forehead.

When I went out of his room. I saw Rebecca at the living room waiting for me.

"Can we talk my dear?" She asked, smiling at me.

I sat a little far from her, at the same couch.

She examined my face, even push the hair on my face over my ear. "Thank you" she softly said.

"It's been three years. Three years of longing for him. And with that three years, you didn't stop taking care of me. You claimed me as your own mother, you soothe the tragic pain in my heart. You didn't even had time to date" she giggled.

"I know I'd be unfair with you... For what had happened with my son and Aubrey. Because I was feeling happy when I knew that finally, I had something to hold on to... A reason to continue living... A reason to stand up again honey"

I was not able to stop tears from falling. For the past three years, Rebecca and I had been hand in hand in healing each other's heart.

She was constantly telling me to go out with guys. That I was young, and I can find another man. That life must go on.

But I didn't want to.

She held my hand and looked at me, "I know how hurt your were when David died. And I know, in your heart, he hurt you again, but you chose to forgive..." She smiled and wiped away the tears on my eyes.

"But now honey, I guess, it is time to move on. You've been wasting three years of your life with an old woman, even before you spend time with you family, during Christmas and New Year, and even Thanksgiving..." She trailed.

"Open your heart honey. Find a man who will love you truly. Find a man to spend the rest of your life with... Find someone that will make you feel that crazy butterflies on your stomach. Find someone that will mess up with your head because you're thinking of him every minute of the day... Find someone to share your everlasting happiness with"

Today was the last day that I will spend with Davy. Even though I did not want to, Rebecca forced me to leave them and have a life of my own.

I was willing to stand as the mother of David's son, that's how much I love him.

She threatened give call a lawyer to file a restraining order if I will not go. I know she will do that, just to push me off and get a life.

I spend half of the day bathing, playing and hugging Davy, and now we are inside a mall, where I had a chance to be with him alone and spoil him a little.

We were walking hand in hand, he was holding his ice cream in a cone when my phone rang.

Without letting go of Davy's hand, I looked for my phone with my other hand...

But even before I saw it, Davy cried.

Because he bumped into a tall man and spilled his ice cream.

And the tall man was Vince.