Chapter Twenty Eight

FREE and EDITED Version is up on Radish! It's on Chapter 33 Now. XOXO!

Call me a masochist.

I know I am hurting myself, but looking at Katherine and Vince, as Katherine ties down his necktie and the way Vince's eye sparkle was incredible.

It wasn't like how he used to look at me.

Why do I feel like the months that I worked for was thrown out the moment he saw Duchess Katherine?

He has that bright smile on his face like he is the happiest man in the world.

Just being at her position will make me the happiest woman in the world too.

I can trade off everything just to see Vince look at me that way too.

And now I clearly understand.

That it will be no matter how hard I work for it.

Because I worked too hard have that little space on Vince's heart.

But it was never enough. Never.

In a sudden, he lifted his eyes and accidentally glanced at me.

Shock was all over his face.

I gave him a fake smile and turn my back.

And silently wipe my tears away.

It was a great five months of marriage wasn't it?

I had a feeling that once we talked after this ceremony he will realize his love with the Duchess.

And that he will ask me to set him free.

Who am I to be to selfish for other's happiness?

Who am I for him to even think of?

I was never worth it. I should have not dream of him being in love with me the way I love him.

Because at the end of the day, I am no Katherine.

I breathed in and out a lot of times to suppress all the tears.

Just let the moment go Monique, then cry yourself out alone.

This was even more difficult than David's death. I never knew I could love more than that.

But one thing is for sure.

I-if he asks me to let him go...

I will.

I will.

The ceremony has passed easily. It was good that Vince was seating at the same row and I cannot see him.

"Sweetheart, you are every man's dream. You have a pure heart, a forgiving heart, you are intelligent, but you are always humble in making opinions. You always talk with sense and forgiveness is nothing but a piece of cake for you."

"I'll admit it, in front of everybody, that I once thought you were "too good to be true", that life is boring if we always talk with sense, if you are so humble, if you do not argue with me..."

"When I-I c-cheat on you and lost you..."

"That's when I knew that it was an idiotic move to look for a challenge, because marrying is not a challenge...but a forever commitment with the person you love."

I breathed hard and smiled bitterly.

That was my exact thoughts.

Our marriage was not a challenge for me, but rather a lifetime commitment of love.