Chapter Thirty Six

Chapter Thirty Six

And since that day. I live on my own.

I immediately hired a lawyer to coordinate with Vince.

The day Vince left me, I found myself on a church, crying.

Unexpected, Mark saw me. He comforted me and became a shoulder to cry on.

Was I wrong in asking him to stay? To be with me? To comfort me because I was too broken?

Or did I not mean a thing to him?

He just needed a call from her, and he will leave anyone.

Why did I not saw this one coming?

I should have learned, that no matter what, he will always put her first.

He left me with his promises of forever.

I gave him all, but he left nothing for me.

I started moving out of his place a day after he went away. His guards will not let me at first, they said they will be fired if I leave his house.

And for the first time, I did not care at all.

I moved out of the house, carefully selected everything that was mine.

I did not get anything he gave me, I left those dresses, even my phone on his room...

And I removed the bracelets and the ring, and safely put them on his vault.

The ring might have fit rightly for me, but it does not belong to me.

Now that I knew Duchess Katherine was free, there was no reason to stay on this marriage.

She was not married with Prince Jeanne. Apparently, they had a "fake marriage".

Vince may freely be with her now, and save her from all her heartaches.

It is easy to fall in love with the same girl you loved for years wasn't it?

I moved my things in my pad, only for the mean time.

I still needed to pay him, I needed to pay him even if I get broke.

I just needed to cut all the ties, for me to start anew.

I called mom and told her what happened. She wanted to go comfort me but I told her I was going with Mark in Africa, something Mark was convincing me to do for months.

She let me, knowing Mark, she knew he will not put me in danger.

I flew with Mark to Africa, to heal the wounds of the past,

and to close another chapter in life.

--
Mark was not lying about the condition of the people in Africa. I cried the first day we arrived.

Kids are being married at ten.

Some babies do have sexually transmitted disease.

Teenagers are pregnant.

I know, I have no right to criticize their culture for I am no one.

But I just can't help but feel so sad for them. They can have a great future ahead!

People from Africa had a curly hair, dark complexion and almost as tall as Americans.

But those things do not make them less human.

They may have different complexions, a little knowledge about the world, but they have the equal rights people have.

Actually, they welcomed me warmly, making me forget all the heartaches I have.