Chapter Sixteen

The FREE and EDITED version is posted in Radish! And it's on Chapter 23

Chapter Sixteen

The bastard doctor fought back. I heard people screaming around. Someone held over my shoulder, trying to stop me from punching the doctor. "Vince please" her voice was close to tears

I looked up at her but the bastard took that as a chance to punch me back again.

To my surprise Monique hugged me. "Stop please. Stop" she was crying. Damn. I made her cry.

I shoot deathly glares to the doctor as he walk away with my body guards on the side. I told them to stay away from this but they knew when to interfere.

Damn. I'll be on the headlines again tomorrow. I need to go home again to explain to my parents.

Monique wiped her tears away, she looked beautiful even when she is crying. Her red nose and pink cheeks looks cute. I kissed her hair and rubbed her back. "Shh. Let's go home honey."

----

I did not mind the damn paparazzi taking photos of us, with her on my side, with my hand over her shoulder, with my jacket over her and with me kissing her hair.

She wasn't talking, though I am thankful she stopped crying already.

The bruises on my face were evident of the fight I had.

And I do not care. Hell with that paparazzi and press people.

I just held her in my arms, assuring she will not go.

When we were near the hotel entrance she tried to move away from me but I didn't let her.

I let the people see she was mine.

For fourteen days I had been back to France.

My parents did not like the newspaper cover. They hated that I fool around with girls again.

Mom asked me if it was something serious.

And I told her it wasn't.

She nodded at me and send me to work in France, to manage the company, because they will spend four weeks on vacation.

She dared that if Monique is "nothing serious", there will be no harm if I will not see her for that long.

And the old woman made sure I was damn busy every moment. She scheduled meetings hour after hour, but every time she calls she asks for my "nothing serious friend"

It was frustrating.

And when Alexander told me that Monique agreed to a dinner date with Mark, I lost the last string of patience.

I flew back to New York as fast as I can.

I was tracking her phone all the time. I even heard her conversation with Tim. What a coincidence, she knew him.

The bastard doctor kept on flirting with her and I wanted to wring his neck.

Who is he to flirt with my girl?

She is mine. MINE.

I know mom knew that I went back home to New York to come after Monique.

And I know there is a smile pasted on her face right now.

The old woman knows how to make schemes.

And I know she was paying Alexander triple to gave the info he gave me to mom.

That damn FBI agent needs to know where his loyalty belongs.

We reached the penthouse and she walked through the bathroom to get the first aid kit.

She did not talk, making me damn worried on how am I going to start talking to her.

She could have screamed and get angry!

But she didn't.

She clean my wounds, and never, not even a glance looked at me in the eyes.

She just focus on healing on my wounds, and I am going crazy because I cannot think of what she is thinking.

I looked at her, at first glance she looked like Katherine, but as I know her, I saw the unique beauty of her. That she wasn't, not even a glimpse, look like Katherine.

She has her own unique beauty, and that sweet vanilla scent that I have been missing for weeks.

When she was done, she put away the kit and looked at me for the first time. "I-I'm going home." She softly said that I almost did not hear it.

"Wait" I grabbed her by the arm.

She looked at me with those sad eyes I hated to see.

She tried to smile but it did not reach her eyes. "Drink the pain reliever and get some sleep. I can go home by myself."

"Why are you dating him? Didn't I make it clear? You. Are. Mine."

------

I closed my eyes and breathed hard.

The truth there was, the moment Mark punched him, my heart softened already.

I felt no anger nor jealousy. I did not even remember the days he forgot me.

I just...want to be with him...but I was not sure if he wanted me to...stay.

I did not answer him but for the first time I looked at his eyes.

He has those dark circles below his eyes, a growing beard and an unclean cut hair.

He was a mess. But I was uncertain if it was because of me.

"What do you want Vince?" I had the courage to ask.

"You." He said and descended his lips to mine.

Forgive and Forget.

I literally took that tonight. The moment he kissed me, I forgot everything that happened last night.

I was lying on his chest, slowly making circles over his bare, muscular chest. He moaned and pulled me closer to him.

I looked up at my uncrowned prince. His eyes were close, though today he doesn't look like the usual neat guy I used to see, he still manage to look perfect. He is still my perfect uncrowned prince.

Yes. In my mind, he is mine, but that is something I am not ready to share with him.

He has issues. And his heart belongs to someone else.

I never felt this deep kind of love before.

The selfless kind of love.

In a very short time, I was planning my forever with him.

I want him to be with me forever.

I sighed hard. I know I was nothing but his fuck buddy, and I hate myself because I don't want to save myself from falling.

"Don't" he said, pulling me closer to him, causing me to frown.

"What?" I asked. Is he dreaming or something?

"That thing you are thinking, don't think of it." I just did not respond. I pulled away from him, "I have to go. I have an appointment at eight" I said.

What hurts was he was into me all night, but now, he did not even bother to tell me that he will bring me to work or even invite me to breakfast.

When I went out of the bathroom I heard him talking over the phone. "What?!" He snarled.

"How dare he shout at Katherine! I do not care if they are fighting he should never do that to Katherine! I'm going back to Europe." He said, hurrying out of his unit, not even taking a glance at me.

Then I held on my heart, feeling the stabs it caused.