Special Chapter Two

Special Chapter Two

My tears won't stop falling. I locked myself in my room, hide myself on the comforter and continued crying.

I heard someone knock over the door. "Valerie, honey." It was mom.

I wiped my tears away and sit up.

"Y-yes mom?" I hiccuped.

She walked towards me, put the strand of hair over my ear. "Stop crying honey. That's bad for your health."

I hugged her, tight, and cried like a baby. "M-mom w-why is daddy like that?"

I do not hate daddy. I love him just like how I love mom, but today I find him so unreasonable.

"Honey, he's just too protective of you."

"I-is t-this still because of that?" I asked.

"Shh. Let's not put that up again. That was over okay? You're daddy is protective by nature, you are his little girl."

"But mom...I'm eighteen. I admit it, I made a mistake...but mom, this is my dream! Don't you want t-this for me?"

She wiped my tears away, mommy has been always the answer when daddy becomes too strict. I always feel guilty when they fight because daddy won't let me sleepover, or go camping with my friends.

But today, I just can't help but be sad. We are not talking about leisure here, and this had always been my dream!

"Of course I want this for you baby. Who wouldn't be proud to send their kids to Harvard? Your daddy is just afraid, that you might find someone there, or you might get pregnant..."

"Mom! I know my limits! I will not do "that". I will keep my promise, no boyfriend until I graduate with a degree."

"America is far here baby, it is what worries your daddy."

Hearing mom say those words made my shoulders fall.

Mom had never defended dad this way, and I know the answer is no.

I nodded at mom and hugged her. "I u-understand mom. I-I'll just sleep a-and I-I'll be fine."

Mommy kissed me on the cheeks and left the room.

I'm an eighteen year old girl. I never had a boyfriend, nor had been kissed by a man.

I graduated with flying colors, I'm talented, I mingle goodly with friends.

But daddy gets mad whenever a guy tries to make a move on me.

Except for Connor.

He hates it when he argues with mom, and mom always defend Connor because he is my best friend though I know, daddy does not like him too.

I understand that he is being protective, but I just can't help but be sad that he wasn't happy for my decision to go back to America.

I spend my whole life here in Europe and a part from me wanted to go back to America, where mom grew up too.

But then, I guess I am tied here.

Everyone was happy for me, for passing in Harvard, even granny and granddaddy,

But when dad told me I can't, that was when my world crash.

He told me I can study whatever I wanted, whether arts or fashion, those courses that Europe is great at.

But I wanted to be in business, just like him.

My phone started to ring, seeing the horrible face of Connor lighting up.

I did not talk, but I answered. "Hey pretty girl." His usual hoarse voice greeted.

"Not now Connor, please."

"Are you crying?" He asked.

"Harvard's not for me." I mutter and sobbed again. "Damn. Don't cry Valerie!" He always hates it when he sees me cry. It was like it is his obligation to get even to persons who make me cry.

When we were nine years old, studying at the same school, someone bullied me, a little guy who threw his ice cream on me, he was so mean.

Then Connor punched his face, blood stream out his nose and he cried. Connor then said we were even.

"Just give me a day Connor. I'll be fine after that." I said, not wanting anyone to even get to this.

"Do you want mom to call uncle Vince? You know she can be persuasive."

I sighed. "I talked to mom, and I think she's has the same thought with dad so no need for that Connor. The decision is final."

"Then elope! You know mommy and dada will help you! We can finance your studies!"

Connor is a one bad guy, especially when it comes to girls.

He usually sneak out, joins on drag racing, rides on big bikes and runs on the speed of light.

But then, he has a heart too, especially when it comes to me.

He is intelligent too.

And he is sure he's studying in Harvard.

I sighed and felt sad again.

"Let's just talk some other time Connor. The decision is final. I'll sleep. Goodbye."

And I hung up on him.