Part 60

CHAPTER 60 

LUCIUS'S POV  

'Wait... Will our Lord fight Potter alone?' One of the new children asked, a teenage child with black hair and a cocky grin. It wasn't there now, as he was too concerned with such trivial matters.  

'Yes,' I said, 'Our Lord must be the one to kill Potter. He will get the prophecy for us and then... Dead!' I smiled, putting the final pieces into place. It truly was a magnificent plan, using the mental link between the Dark Lord and Potter to create a fake scene in which Sirius Black was slowly dying. We assume he'll come running to us, him and his mudblood and traitor friends.  

Of course, none of the newbies knew about that. It was only between the select few, the best, elite among Death Eaters.  

'Elite? Really Lucius, "elite"?' The voice of Sarah Riddle mocked, her boy appearing from outside the room. 'Oh, I see you're training the midgets, how sweet.' She held her hands together in a childish motion and walked up to the boy who'd just questioned me, pushing up his chin and inspecting him. He grabbed her arm and spat some vulgar language around, obviously not knowing who this was.  

'Get that little brat outta here,' the boy snarled. I don't know what I expected Sarah to do but instead of getting pissed she just laughed, taking the seat I had at my -occasionally the Dark Lord's- desk, grinning.

'How are they going?' she asked, still in her sugary tone, 'haven't requested a toilet break or anything? Amazing.' At her words the boy (he hadn't learnt) stormed up to her, wand against her throat.  

'Oh ickle boy, going to kill a girl like me? Dare you!' Her words had acquired a fiery tone and I knew a part of her wanted him to try.  

'Don't call me boy,' he snarled, 'my name is Dante.'  

'Dante? What a pretty name,' Sarah smiled, standing on the desk and holding out her hand.  

'I'm Sarah,' she said cheerfully.  

'I heard the Dark Lord uses that desk,' Dante muttered, 'he'd kill you if he saw you standing on it.'  

I winced. That, Dante, probably wasn't your best move.  

'You know what I think Dante?' Sarah said, 'I think you should tell him. Or what about Lucius, Mr Malfoy, here? Maybe he would kill me for you.'  

Dante looked at me, confused but pleading me just to do something. I shrugged, shaking my head.  

'It's your battle,' I said, 'We Death Eaters fight our own battles.' I saw the kids face fall as he stared hatefully at Sarah, who was still smiling.  

'Yeah, I agree, sucks to be a Death Eater,' she smirked. The boy scowled. 

'What the fuck are you then, little girl, Sarah, whoever you are?' Sarah laughed before jumping off the table and landing with all the grace of a snake on the floor. Some of the other young men gasped as she pulled out her wand, which was glowing an eerie green.  

'Me? I'm special,' she said, 'more special than anyone.' Dante glared at her.  

'Go away,' he snarled.  

'Nope.'  

'I'll hurt you.'  

'Try. Actually no, I won't to be at full-strength when I face Potter alongside the Dark Lord.'  

Dante laughed furiously.  

'He'd never even let a little bitch like you come on the mission.' The green that was coming from Sarah's wand turned crimson, a blood-like substance dripping from it's tip.