Part 45

CHAPTER 45

The trust of the innocent is the liar's most useful tool...~ Stephen King

Sarah’s POV

‘How could you?!’ I screamed at a very confused Draco. He put out a hand to comfort me but I slapped it away.

‘What are you talking about Sar?’ he mumbled. People were looking at us now, peering out through the entrance to their common room. Some looked worried while others were egging me on. I ignored them however, looking at Draco with furious eyes.

‘You were thinking of that girl when you kissed me...’

‘Who...?’ he trailed off.

‘THAT FUCKED UP LITTLE MUDBLOOD LILITH!’ I screeched.

‘I was?’ he asked quietly, his eyes never leaving mine. Confusion swept over me as I studied him, looking deep into my eyes. He was being truthful I could tell (even with the limited Legiminancy I had harnessed), which only left one other reason for his thoughts.

Lilith had tried to seduce him. She was trying to win him over, away from me.

I hissed with pure hate as I walked away from Draco, my body the channel for hate I never knew existed. In my mind I could imagine my father’s glee, his encouragement that would leak through me as I pursued the girl.

‘Hang on Sar, what are you going to do?’ Draco called, slowing me up.

‘What does a girl usually do when a bitch tries to take her boyfriend?’ I snarled. A few of the curious eavesdroppers paused then, not knowing the true relationship between Draco and I.

‘No Sarah, Lily didn’t do anything,’ Draco pleaded as I continued to walk. He resigned after a while though, following me in silence. I just hoped he was on my side.

HARRY’S POV

‘Do you know where Sarah is?’ Ron asked as we lay down for the night.

‘No idea, probably plotting something with Malfoy,’ I answered. Ron growled at me, suddenly protective of her. I sighed and pulled out that tattered piece of parchment that never strayed from my pocket.

‘I solemnly swear I’m up to no good.’ The Marauders map suddenly filled with ink and moving footprints. I smiled despite myself and begun searching for the name “Sarah Malfoy.” I found Draco wandering around the great hall but ignored him, searching instead for... Sarah Riddle? I put on my glasses and sqinted my eyes. It didn’t go away. The name Sarah Riddle still lined the paper, walking a few meters ahead of Draco. I dismissed it as yet another glitch as instead went about tracking them, where they were going. They’d just begun to walk up the staircase on first floor when Ron threw his shoe at me, aiming at my head. I ducked under it and it flew towards the window, smashing a hole as it sailed into the night.

‘Look what you made me do!’ Ron muttered.

‘How did I force you to throw your shoe at me?’ I questioned, tearing my eyes away from the map.

‘You weren’t answering me,’ he muttered sullenly, keeping his remaining shoe clutched to his chest.

I sighed and put the map at the side of my bed.