Part 51 (2 of 2)

Chapter 51 (2 of 2)

SARAH'S POV 

Bella was sitting Anxiously in the dining hall when I walked in, her body stiff and rigid. Even when I called she didn't move. I walked to her slowly, fearing the worst. Crade too  

was anxious beyond belief, not even talking to me.  

'Bella?' I called again, just to be sure. She turned then and the full extent of horror dawned on me. She was a mess.

Half her face was bloodied, tendrils woven through her flesh like snakes in sand. Both her eyes were bruised but the bruising didn't stop there. She looked at me as tears flowed freely from her eyes.  

'What happened?' I asked, putting a hand on her shoulder. She cringed from the contact but I didn't retract. 'Bella. Tell me what happened. Who did this to you?' My voice was stern, like a teacher telling off a student. 

'I did it,' Bella whispered weakly, 'I did it to myself.'  

'Why Bellatrix? Why did you hurt yourself? Did someone tell you to?' I couldn't imagine anyone forcing Bella to do anything but I was actually worried for her, in a crazy, warped world.  

'No. I did it because I deserved it. I lied to him Sarah.'  

'My father?' My mind was spinning now, a sick recognition in my stomach.  

'Yes,' she moaned, sobbing now.

It was unsettling, watching Bellatrix Lestrange sob like that. I'd never even heard her cry let alone watch as she broke down. I needed to know what was going on however, and I would find out whatever it took. I grabbed her hand in my own and stared her deep in the eyes.  

'Tell me what you did or I will tell my father.' Her mouth jutted open, fear plastered across her face. Then, in a voice like shattered glass she spoke. 

'I'm pregnant.'

SNAPE'S POV 

'She's WHAT?' I yelled through the muggle communication device, 'To... To Him?'  

'Yes!' Sarah moaned miserably, 'I need you to come back Severus, you need to help me!' She sounded SO reliant, so different to the girl I knew.  

'You know I cannot,' I answered, 'have you healed Bella yet?'  

'Do NOT change the subject on me Severus!' she growled, 'what will he say?'  

'No idea,' I said coolly,hiding my pounding heart, 'I should be back before the week is at it's end. You didn't tell me why you were there either... Shouldn't you have been at school?' I heard her suck in a deep breath. 

'I had permission,' she finally admitted, 'goodbye Severus.' She must have ended whatever this machine was for it had attained a dull metallic beeping. I hung it up on it's stand and walked of of the weird box, ignoring a muggle that was showing me his middle finger. I had no need for those simple muggle games. I had just spoken to Sarah about something that made my blood run cold through my veins.

Bellatrix Lestrange and the Dark Lord moulded into one.  

A baby. 

It didn't matter if it was male or female there was one thing I was certain.  

It would be more sadistic than Sarah.  

And that scared me half to death.

I walked along the snow-encrusted grass, staring blankly at the doors I passed. One of them was Melanie's. I had searched be entire city looking for her. This is was it, the home stretch.