Part 63 (Final Chapter)

• Dedicated to You ;)

PART 5 of THE END

SARAH'S POV

Harry Potter looked to me, eyes filling with an emotion words could not describe. I pulled off my mask.  

'Hey.' He didn't answer. 'Harry? Potter?' He turned from me, focusing blurred eyes on my father. Father smiled with the contempt he'd been holding for so long.  

'Answer her!' he barked. Potter looked to me with hate.  

'You're a horrid bitch,' Harry snarled, then, in quieter tones added, 'it's Riddle isn't it? Sarah Riddle... A backstabber- a lying cowardly bitch.'

I tried to conceal my hurt as Father clapped in delight. He reveled in what he saw, Potter losing control like this. I put my mask back on, letting myself cry once it was in place.

Once Potter had given up on me he turned once again to my Father, his wand shaking with anger.  

Father was still smug, although his smile had faded with anticipation.  

'You never had any hope in fighting me,' Father said, myself forgotten. 'You have triumphed, in the past, because of Dumbledore. Now it's just you and me Potter. My heir will not fight a battle that is not hers.' 

I pulled out my wand; a precaution and nothing more. I wouldn't fight, but only because I couldn't be certain that I wouldn't help Potter.

Bellatrix had vanished, slipped away like a thief in the night. I was about to attempt my quick drawback when the doors to my right were flung open and out of them surged Dumbledore.

He was a sight to behold, a furious gleam in his eyes, his beard and robes flying with force as he walked, taking his place beside Harry.

Father looked to me, as if gesturing me to take Bellatrix's place.  

I shook my head.  

'This is not my fight,' I said. Father looked as though he might yell but eventually nodded, resigning himself.

'It was foolish to come here tonight Tom.' Dumbledore said. Uncertainty flashed in my Father's eyes and I took an involuntary step towards him. No one looked to me as I stood beside my Father, wand raised.  

'Crucio!' Father yelled, the curse cracking past Potter's ears. No one moved for a second, until Dumbledore stepped in front of Potter, shielding him. Father laughed.  

'A little late for that,' he said. What was he talking about? 

'Pertrificus Totalus!' Potter's voice this time, a spell directed at me. A gasp passed through my lips as I narrowly dodged it, eyeing Potter curiously. What was he playing at? Couldn't he see we were playing for kills? A body-bind wasn't in the same game as Avada Kedava. 

'Crucio!' Father roared again, led on by the Potter's attack on me. Dumbledore waved his arm and the curse went bouncing off, crashing into a far wall. I gaped uncouthly, not understanding what had just happened. Then I remembered. Lord Voldemort versus Albus Dumbledore. The two most powerful wizards to walk the earth battling in front of my very eyes. I glanced at Dumbledore, noticing a fire in his eyes I'd failed to see before. 

He was prepared to kill.  

I removed my mask, tossing it to the floor with a metallic clang. None paid attention to it, locked in dark gazes with each other.  

'Avada Kerdava!' Father hissed at Dumbledore. It would have hit him too, if I hadn't fallen and knocked my Father's curse off target. 'Sarah!'  

'Sorry,' I whispered. Yeah... I was determined that one of the two would get out alive.