Part 50 (Two of Three)

CHAPTER 50- PART TWO of three

SARAH'S POV 

Why was there this love of having friends? It was ludicrous, stupid to even consider. For one all this caring was giving me a headache the size of Jupiter not to mention this horrible feeling in my stomach. Guilt? I clutched my stomach painfully; Friends weren't good. Ron, seeing my pain, raced up to me, putting a hand on my forehead. 

'You know you're a little hot as well,' he worried aloud, glancing around the hospital wing until his eyes met Harry.

Harry was laid down on the bed, his eyes still shut. He was only sleeping but he could've passed as dead. His usually pinkish skin was as pale as mine, his thin frame limp like a broken marionette. I had stayed with him overnight, to what everyone saw as the first good deed of this new Sarah: in truth I'd dived into his head thirty-seven times that night, trying desperately to find some inkling that my father had been there. It wasn't until my twenty-eighth plunge that I noticed something different. A black hallway with a balk door glinting far in the distance. My father's breath, short with excitement. I saw his hands as he ran swiftly to the door, only for I to disappear beneath him.  

I pulled out instinctively, knowing that I could easily lose my sanity by digging any deeper into Potter's mind. What had happened to him?

'Hellooo? Earth to Sarah? MALFOY!' My head snapped back to Ron at the mention of anything to do with Draco. My heart sunk when I realized he was addressing me.  

'Penny for your thoughts?' Ron's sister, a shy girl by the name of Ginny asked, a small smile on her face. 

'They'd drive you to insanity,' I answered, fully serious. She laughed nervously, smiling. 

'I've never known a Malfoy to be funny before!' she giggled. 

'But I wasn-' I begun, before realizing that it was no use anyway and smiling in agreement. Oh yes, this other horrid side effect of being nice? Having to smile at everyone! My cheeks ached constantly...  

'Hey, Sarah, we're going now, wanna come?' Hermione said, following Ginny and Ron. I shook my head. 

'I've only got potions,' I said, 'The relief professor won't mind.' She scowled in disapproval but took it no further, nodding and exiting without another glance.  

Good, now it was just Harry and I.

LUCIUS'S POV 

'Why couldn't Yaxley or someone do this?' Draco asked as we stopped outside a rundown old pub. I smiled. 

'I asked the exact same question to our Lord. We are the best my son; this mission is everything but ordinary.' Draco looked to me, his eyes stained red from the cold. 

'What's so special about it?' he sniffed. I stopped for a minute, admiring the snow as it feel in perfect flakes to my feet.

'I'm not sure but if the Dark Lord says it's important and that only someone like I can do it then I assure you it is somewhat meaningful.' I held open to the door to the muggle pub and ushered my son inside. He could pass as eighteen I was positive. I smiled, following.

There was, I'd decided, nothing nicer after a long day hunting that the chatter of the pub, the warmth it brought and above all, the feeling that I could relax in private for a bit. A pretty muggle girl came up to us, a completely fake smile upon her lips.  

'Can I help you?' she asked harshly, thrusting what looked like a menu card at the both of us. 

'Two butterb-' Draco begun before remembering and shutting up.  

'Two rums please,' I answered, flashing a toothy smile. She raised an eyebrow. 

'You do know its only morning,' she said, not smiling now.  

'We've been traveling all night and intend to continue,' I said, 'Are you going to fetch our order or shall we do it ourselves?' The waitress blushed a bright crimson and vanished into the chaos of the bar.

'She was quite pretty wasn't she?' Draco muttered, 'for a muggle I mean.'  

'Given up on Sarah?' I asked, half hoping he had. If they were together it would give him boundless protection from the Dark Lord -he would automatically become Voldemort's right hand- but if he gave up now, before anything got serious, then perhaps he'd have a chance at normality.  

'Sarah holds my heart both now and forever,' he growled, fixing me an icy glare.  

'Unfortunately,' I breathed. He didn't hear me however, the girl reappearing from behind the counter, balancing two crystal jugs of dark liquid. I fished around in my pockets for the muggle money, hating the muggle clothing I was dressed in. The Dark Lord had guessed that the woman we were searching for would be well hidden in the folds of humanity.  

I finally found a hundred dollar note and thrust it at her. 

'Keep the change,' I growled, grabbing the glasses and putting them down on a dirt-ridden table.  

'Thank you sir,' the muggle breathed gratefully. And then she was off and we were alone. 

Time to drink, I thought, raising the icy glass to my lips.

RON'S POV 

'I don't think we should leave Harry and her together,' Hermione said as we headed back up to our dorm.  

'Nonsense, Sarah's perfectly fine,' I said, looking at her.  

'Really Ronald? Malfoy's, no matter how deceptive, are not nice. I don't think we should leave Harry alone with her, specially since he's unconscious.' I stopped, taking a sigh and twisting backwards.  

'I'll check in on them once I've gotten something to eat,' I said, leading her In to the great hall. I loved food. To my surprise however she didn't follow, instead backtracking and heading back up to the hospital wing. Did nobody listen to me anymore?

SARAH'S POV 

'Is this really necessary father? Potter not waking, is this the proper way to kill him?' My voice was weak, feeble in the empty room. I wasn't crazy- I knew he could hear me through Potter if this was him behind it.  

'Sarrrrrahhh,' That was Potter. Sleeptalking?  

'Yes Harry?' I answered, suddenly very worried. How much had he heard? 

'Thaaaat huuuurt,' he groaned. I grinned, pulling him into a hug.  

'That hurt? God Potter, thought you were made of something stronger than that.' I smiled. He flipped open his eyes, glaring at me as he sat, rubbing his eyes tiredly and stifling a yawn.  

'How long was I out? Who were you talking to just now?' he asked, sober now. I bit my lip, hoping he wouldn't see the guilt hidden in my eyes as I answered.  

'Three days and I haven't spoken all hour- you've been pretty bad though,' I muttered, crimson blood staining my cheeks. He looked at curiously.  

'I had the weirdest dream last night,' he remembered, 'you were in it, talking to Voldemort. He keep smiling at you but then Malfoy came in and it ended in a flash of green light. How weird is that?!' If he saw my deathly pale face it didnt register. 

'Yeah... Weird,' I muttered, turning away to recompose myself. A million different thoughts were running haywire through my head. Why did he dream of something as accurate as that? How could my father allow this? I growled. 

'Something in your throat Sarah?' Harry asked, smiling now. I turned back and nodded.  

'Yeah... I'm gonna go... Get a drink,' I gasped the stumbled out, passing a very confused Hermione, 'he's all yours.'