Part 58

CHAPTER 58

SARAH'S POV 

'Hahaha,' I snarked sarcastically, 'Don't be a retard.' Draco, rather that laughing with me, turned away, hurt. 'You really meant it?' I asked, astonished.

He looked again at me, nodding slowly.  

'I did.'  

'Oh.' I looked at him, shrugging before leaving without so much as a wave.

All through the castle I walked, thoughts in chaos. Draco actually wanted to be a little servant for my father? Ergh, he'd get over it. I hoped. It wasn't until I'd searched half the castle for Potter that a thought occurred to me: What if he was back in common room?

HARRY'S POV 

I stumbled into the dorm, grabbing the windowsill to support myself. My head was spinning with thoughts not my own, but, what, where was I? I spun around, confused.  

'Shhh Harry, it's me. Ron.' A voice said, a hand grabbing my shoulder and pushing me onto the bed. I lay down, trying to escape Voldemort.  

'Just sleep,' Hermione urged, pressing her hand against my forehead. 'If he gets worse I'm taking him to Madam Pomfrey.' A door closed and beside me Ron let out an exasperated sigh.  

'She's hopeless,' he said, 'like you're gonna die or something.'  

Harry, saying nothing, held up a finger, silencing Ron. His headache was nerve-splitting. It made him want to sleep, pass out and rage all at once. What was going on?

He'd nearly passed into the welcome realm of sleep when the door reopened.  

'Oi! Don't let him sleep!'

SARAH'S POV 

I charged up, passing Ron as I approached Harry, who was deathly pale flopped on his bed. I grabbed his shoulders roughly but, much to my annoyance, he just let out a loud snore. I groaned, letting go and pulling my wand out.  

'What are you-' Ron begun. 

'Hush! I'm getting him up before Lord Voldemort gets to him! Aguementi!'  

A flash of water shot from the tip of my wand, blasting Harry over his mouh and up his nose. He made a strange face before gagging on the water and shooting bolt upright, coughing and spluttering like crazy.

Concern splayed across Ron's face but I held him back. Potter needed to wake up to escape my fathers tampering and I wouldn't let my efforts be in vain.

It wasn't until there was a 'WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!' that I was certain Potter was with us once again. I smiled coyly and shrugged.  

'Just saving your life, the usual,' I said, sneering. Potter glared at me.  

'I don't need help from one of Voldemort's morons,' he snarled, tone almost animalistic. I looked at him.  

'I'm a free agent, I work for no one. We had this conversation in DADA. Besides, you needed to wake up before the Dark lord does anything else okay?'

Potter shrugged.  

'Fine, "free agent", he said, still not believing me. I smiled. 

'Its true,' I said. Potter shrugged again and I smiled, sitting beside him. He shifted awkwardly away but I paid it no serious thought. My thoughts were much bigger right now.

'I need to talk to Harry Ron, can you leave for a bit?' I said sweetly. But, much to my distaste, Ron shook his head. More magic was needed.

Silently I cast a confundus charm, silently begging him as to not arouse suspicion from Potter. Ron's eyes glazed a little and he nodded, turning and strolling out.  

'You've got some weird buddies Potter,' I said.  

'Don't be a bitch,' he replied and I smiled, edging closer.  

'I want you, Harry James Potter, to tell me exactly what Lord Voldemort is showing you, what he's doing, what you can see.'

SNAPE'S POV 

'Does... Does she, Sarah, look anything like me?' Melanie's face was flushed with the embarrassment of asking such a thing. I smiled and was about to answer when something happened, something that happened rarely.  

My mark begun to burn.

It was a different burning this time, a searing heat that, surprisingly did what it was supposed to- it warmed me. I smiled giddily for a while before my mind whirred into motion.  

This wasn't good.  

'I'll be right back,' I said to a very confused Melanie, standing and racing throng the kitchen. I passed Black, who eyed me with the usual loathe.  

I ignored him, continuing to my "guest" room and pulling up my sleeve.

The ink had darkened to an almost violet degree, edges rimmed with redness. And yet I still felt the feeling of ecstasy. No... What if... It couldn't be... What had Potter gotten himself into this time?

I would've loved to stay with Melanie -whose company I'd enjoyed immensely- but, staying true to Dumbledore I knew I'd have to return.

My footsteps were heavier as I went back down, despair on my face.  

'What's wrong?' Melanie asked, her features alight with curiosity. She wasn't compassionate or sympathetic but in a weird way I enjoyed it.  

'I have to go, Potter's... Somethings happened and I need to find out what it was.' At this, Melanie's mouth popped open and she stared at me.  

'Harry Potter you mean? But didn't you say Sarah was near...' I cut her off, nodding.  

'Sarah can handle herself. She's got allies on both sides; no one dares to touch her. Are you okay to stay here? I'll send someone to get you, once I know..'  

I left without her answer, feeling horrible the entire way.

SARAH'S POV 

I jerked back, an electric current twisting through me. I let out a small cry as my Father's voice echoed, "Tomorrow." Then He was gone, along with the shock. I stood up straight, a single tear rolling down my cheek. Tomorrow.  

Harry Potter's life would be extinguished tomorrow.

'What happened?' Harry groaned, sitting up. He'd passed out as soon as I'd trespassed into his mind, something my father had done no doubt.  

'I dunno,' I said, 'I blacked too.' It was better me lying I suppose, than telling him he'd be dead tomorrow. Or, worse still, that my father had a clear link to him.  

'Well, that was weird.'  

I nodded, brushing away the tear.  

'That's the last time I try and help you,' I said with normal snobbiness. Potter smiled, putting his arm around me.  

'Thanks anyway,' he said. I didn't reply, instead leaving the dorm.

I made my way to Slytherin's chambers, a cold sweat creeping. I had a horrible excitement in me, a wicked wish to watch while my father took what was rightfully his.  

It was certain I would watch.  

The only thing left to decide was who.  

It wasn't a decision I was ready to make in 24 hours.

'Draco?'